News:

• May 03, 2024, 01:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: K&B/.29s ???????-??  (Read 960 times)

Offline EddyR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
K&B/.29s ???????-??
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »
 VD~  Randy is the K&B/.29s Green Head a stunt motor or doesn't the "s" mean any thing. Does it run like the GH.35  Stan Powel gave me a nice one and he wants me to use it in a old time plane. #^ :!
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline wmiii

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
Re: K&B/.29s ???????-??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:12:03 PM »
 As I understand and remember the .29S was supposed to be the "stunt" engine for K&B. Mine ran a wet 2cycle and used a fair amount of fuel.

Walter
walter menges

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:38:56 PM »
VD~  Randy is the K&B/.29s Green Head a stunt motor or doesn't the "s" mean any thing. Does it run like the GH.35  Stan Powel gave me a nice one and he wants me to use it in a old time plane. #^ :!
Ed

HI Ed

Ditto what Walter said, I was never impressed by the stunt run of the engines, and  You may want to run it in a  rich (wet) 2 cycle

Are you going to be at Huntersville?

Randy

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
Hi Randy     There is a little history behind this motor. I will tell you about it at Huntersiville. I will stick it in the All American Sr and we can have some fun with it. I also had never heard that they ran any better than the .35. When I was a kid I was told the "s" stood for speed not stunt! That is why I asked. See you at Huntersville. Eric V from Tampa Bay will be there also.He is my quest for the weekend.
Ed

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »
I think S stands for speed. Check the engine no. If it's got an A in it it's a speed motor.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »
 VD~The number is B-2584. I will put it in a plane and try it.
Ed ~^ D>K

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »
Ed:
I am currently running a GH 35 and it runs exceptionally well WITH A  MUFFLER with pressure.  The muffler seems to help keep it from coming on hard.  My experience matchs my fathers and Randy Ryan's with that engine. 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline taildragger-j3

• Lieutenant
  • Me over 1/2 century ago with my Ringmaster Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 02:45:34 PM »
I've got an old non-S .29 that I'm mounting on my RSM Ringmaster. It seems to run pretty well on a test stand. I'm looking forward to getting it in the air.

What kind of muffler did you mount on a Greenhead .35. I didn't think it would take very well to the restriction of a muffler. I'd love to tone down the noise of that up-facing exhaust.

TIA
David Strawn
Aggieland, TX
AMA - 10212 (original!)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here