News:

• May 01, 2024, 08:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Higley Heavy Hub  (Read 816 times)

Offline Terry Bolin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
Higley Heavy Hub
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:06:32 AM »
What have you noticed about the performace change of a engine with a Higley Prop weight on the shaft? I am putting one on a Fox 35. On Rc it is not a problem since the trottle is usually in one place alot of the time. Thanks, Terry

Offline Ron King

• Commander
Re: Higley Heavy Hub
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 07:34:22 AM »
I have never noticed any engine change with the hub. I think the diameter is too small for any real flywheel effect.

I have noticed a lot of airplane change with the heavy hub, depending on the size of the model.

Ron
Ron King
AMA AVP District 4
Wannabe Stunt Pilot since 1963
 Amateurs practice until they get it right; Pros practice until they cannot get it wrong.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:34:47 AM »
Terry....A Fox .35 runs with its throttle in one place ALL the time so it's not a problem. They work well, and have less "flywheel" effect than spinner weights.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:15:32 AM »
depends on how heavy the heavy hub is.  I had a 2 oz. HH break the shaft on a Fox 35.  At least one other club member has also had a Fox35 shaft break with a HH on it.  I would only use the HH for initial trim purposes.  Once you find out where the CG oughta be, take it off and add lead up front as needed.  Then you won't stress the motor.
phil Cartier

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
I was concerned that it would delay the 4-2 cycle when entering vertical. Thanks,  guys, It always good to visit with some one who's been there already. I'm gonna try it!
Terry
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:37:46 PM by ambertyler »

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 01:44:43 PM »
I have run 2 oz heavy hubs for years of Fox 35's, and other engines, with no problem.  One word of caution; I do not recommend you run one on a dieselized Tower 40 :'(  No problem on a Tower 40 glow (so far ;)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here