News:

• May 10, 2024, 10:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Header Muffler for Rear Exhaust Engines  (Read 437 times)

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
Header Muffler for Rear Exhaust Engines
« on: July 19, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »

I just got today a Header for a pipe engine from Randy and start thinking how I could easily convert it on into a header muffler.

The Dubro Exhaust Deflector for 35-90 PN 697, fits perfectly inside the header with a snug fit. Now how to make sure the darn deflector will not come out, specially in a contest flight months and months later?

I thought about one possible way: pushing the deflector into the header so the last rib on the deflector is past about 1/16 of the edge of the header and fill the end of the header with JB Weld.

JB Weld should attach well to the header inside wall blocking the Deflector to came out. It will probably not glue the deflector, but it will make a barrier against the ring on deflector.

Before I try this I'd like to hear some of your thoughts  and perhaps some one have already tried and could tell us if it worked or not.

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Header Muffler for Rear Exhaust Engines
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »
Martin,
you might talk to Randy Powell, I think he did some pictures quite a while back of a header muffler he did. similar idea, but I think he plugged the end with a machined bit, then put a outlet on it, but I cant recall exactly, its been a while back
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here