News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hard starting the AP .09  (Read 463 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hard starting the AP .09
« on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Ok, I got a few small runs out of the engine but it has been a bear to get to run. I do not have a powered starter. Just my fingers which are pretty cut up today and a sore shoulder which is every day.
I'm wondering if its a fuel issue. I have Bryon 1/2A fuel and am using a short std glow plug. I'm wondering If I need a hotter plug or maybe the fuel has too much nitro. Any suggestions ?

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Hard starting the AP .09
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »
Jim, been there before with new small engines. Are you getting a good red glow on the plug with your igniter?? Does this engine have a muffler. Can you get to the exhaust for a prime. Does it fire on prime and then quit? Put a glove on to protect your fingers and sand those blades like Ray says. Are the carb bolts tight? Is the tank on your bench too far away for a good fuel draw?  I have a norvel .074 that will hardly ever start by hand but runs great after i get it going with a starter!!  Good luck in your trials.. keep "plugging away"  ..  I would be interested when you find the right combination, i doubt it is too much nitro i have used the Byron fuels in the past and they worked good.
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here