News:

• May 04, 2024, 01:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GMS Engines  (Read 787 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
GMS Engines
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:47:39 AM »
Hello,

Anyone have any experience with GMS Engines?  I see them offered in Tower's catalog.  None are available in a C/L version but I wondered if a conversion would be worthwhile.  The engines are inexpensive ($59.99) for a .40 and are pretty light.  All have ball bearing supported crankshafts.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Messinger

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: GMS Engines
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 12:08:41 PM »
Hey, Joe - buy one and bring it to John's during Christmas vacation.

Send me the dimensions for a venturi and I'll make one - we can grab a plane and try it out.

Bob Z.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »
they make a 32 and 36 on a smaller case.  One of our guys has the 32.  It was a super engine from the first flip.  Always easy starting, plenty of power, at least on a speed limit combat plane.  The 36 would be a better bet for stunt, although the 32 runs fine.  Check the weight on the 40 before you get one.  If it is a 40 built on a 46 case it will be heavier than need be.  The smaller engines are built more along the lines of a 25 sized case.
phil Cartier

Steve Kientz

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:47 AM »
I have .25 on a Skyray 35,docile enough for me but capable of most stunts in more experienced hands. All I did was to lock the carb open for now. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here