Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Fuel , GLO-plug and running tips

<< < (2/12) > >>

RandySmith:
Hello Peter
It is very good to hear from you, I hope this finds you well.
I see nothing wrong with your setup.
 The fuel mix you are using will work fine in the engine running rich, You could up the oil to 20% and not hurt anything, however as loafing as the 75 runs it will work just fine on 18% oil content.
I am personally using 19% oil mix 14% synthetic oil , 4% castor , 1% Aero-1 , for the 19% total on the 51 , 61, 65, and 75 PA engines.
This blend helps the glo plugs last longer and runs very well in the PA motors.

Regards
Randy

Peter Germann:
Thanks for your accurate answer, Randy.

Allan Perret:

--- Quote from: RandySmith on February 15, 2007, 01:16:11 PM ---

Plugs? Castor?  Synthetic?  Percentage?

A lot of times the plug problems show up as rich inside maneuvers and leaner outsides; this happens because gravity and centrifugal force ,forces the oil-fuel charge down on the element on insides, thus cooling the coil and pulls it away on the outside maneuvers, letting it naturally go leaner.  I have seen this problem instantly cured by simply changing plugs. Please  do not be  afraid  to put in a  new  glo plug , or try different types of plugs .

--- End quote ---

I don't understand. 
I would think the oil-fuel charge would get forced onto the plug element during the outsides maneuvers ??

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: Allan Perret on June 02, 2009, 07:07:47 AM ---I don't understand. 
I would think the oil-fuel charge would get forced onto the plug element during the outsides maneuvers ??

--- End quote ---

Hi

With a typical inverted engine setup used on most stuntships ,gravity and centrifical  force pulls the fuel onto the glo plug element while performing insides, it pulls it away on outside manouvers

Randy

Allan Perret:

--- Quote from: RandySmith on June 04, 2009, 09:28:38 AM ---Hi

With a typical inverted engine setup used on most stuntships ,gravity and centrifical  force pulls the fuel onto the glo plug element while performing insides, it pulls it away on outside manouvers

Randy

--- End quote ---

Cant believe I forgot to take into consideration that the engine is inverted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version