News:

• May 13, 2024, 04:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox Hawk 60 prop driver.  (Read 634 times)

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fox Hawk 60 prop driver.
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »
Hello All

In a moment of weakness (even senility), I purchased a Fox Hawk 60 and converted it to control line use. It tipped the scales at 14 oz less silencer. Should have given up at that point! I flew it a few times and found that it ran very hot. I was told that Duke sent them out very tight for some unknown reason. I partially dismantled it to do a hemi head mod and hone out the bore a little. Did that and then decided it wasn't a very good control line engine (I did mention senility!) It was put away and forgotten.
  Much later I was doing some anodising and thought that I would try to smarten up the Fox (Head had overheated and ruined the anodising). I then tried to remove the prop driver to get that anodised so everything matched up................. The prop driver has a tapered skirt which covers the front bearing housing. Obviously I have no idea what lies behind the skirt. I can't use a puller on the propdriver as it will ruin the skirt!
  So how do I remove the prop driver, any ideas? I admit to being baffled, don't want to use a couple of blocks of wood and a vice in case there is something odd lurking underneath the skirt! It will finish up as a showcase engine, it just looks rather good with its shiny case and reddish anodising, it doesn't look as though it is much of a stunt engine!

Regards,

Andrew. 
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Fox Hawk 60 prop driver.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
The prop driver is held/driven by a tapered aluminum collet, much like a ST .46, .60, or G.51. The difference is that the taper appears steeper, and there are serrations on the crankshaft to grip the collet more fiercely (possibly because of the taper being too steep). Don't be surprised if Fox has parts for these things in stock.
 D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here