News:

• April 26, 2024, 02:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FOX 35 JB RACING  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
FOX 35 JB RACING
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
I'm interested in knowing more about this engine. Internals, etc., etc. When  they were made and what performance level.

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
Re: FOX 35 JB RACING
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:54 PM »
Frank, the attachment is straight from the horse's mouth.  While I would take the word "racing" with a grain of salt, the Jenne-Bruce engines are rare and interesting.  Steve Pollock

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:40:22 AM »
Hi Steve :

Thanks  for your efforts. One was sold on RC Groups yesterday for $50 .  I wasn't the bidder.I wondered what the performance potential would be .
This helps.

Frank

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »
Frank, I saw that ad, but I was too slow.  That has to be the steal of a lifetime.  Steve P.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:17:21 AM »
The Jenno - Bruce engine's crankcase, backplate , head and NVA were made by Charley Bruce and  Larry Jenno.
The crankshaft, drive washer, prop washer, nut, piston,rod, and cylinder were stock Fox .35 parts that Charley bought from fox manufacturing. I have one of the engines, and disassembled it. The only departure from stock parts were two holes that were drilled on the bypass side of the piston by Charley Bruce.

Mine is mounted on a plaque with 11 other Fox .35's of differing years. I also have a black Fox .35 anniversary model engine mounted there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:27:07 PM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
The Jenno - Bruce engine's crankcase, backplate , head and NVA were made by Charley Bruce and  Larry Jenno.
The crankshaft, drive washer, prop washer, nut, piston,rod, and cylinder were stock Fox .35 parts that Charley bought from fox manufacturing. I have one of the engines, and disassembled it. The only departure from stock parts were two holes that were drilled on the bypass side of the piston by Charley Bruce.

Mine is mounted on a plaque with 11 other Fox .35's of differing years. I also have a black Fox .35 anniversary model engine mounted there.

He also added a cooling fin to the cylinder. And it wasn't a "racing" engine as I understood it when I bought mine. It was supposed to be an improvement to the stock/standard Fox 35

Never got around to running mine and sold it NIB on Ebay for a small fortune! $$$

Jerry

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »
Charley Bruce made 1 each  two bolt backplate version of his J-B fox and sold it to me a year later. Afterwards he wanted it back, and he traded me something for it. ( I've forgotten what !)

I have no idea what happened to that engine after Charley's death.
De Hill

Offline Onelife

• 22 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 12:22:10 AM »
The Jenno - Bruce engine's crankcase, backplate , head and NVA were made by Charley Bruce and  Larry Jenno.

I would like to see a picture of your collection if you feel like sharing thanks.  Foxaholies

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here