News:

• May 06, 2024, 08:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 35 Hemi Head  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Fox 35 Hemi Head
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »
Inherited a Fox 35 with this hemi head on it. Can anyone identify who made it?
Jerry Bohn

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Fox 35 Hemi Head
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »
   From the pictures, it appears to be the "Tom Muggleton Blue Magic" head.  A one piece unit with the plug coming out at an angle toward the rear of the head.  A very good head and somewhat alleviates the infamous "Fox Burp".  Not in all cases, but in many.  It also increases the torque in the "hard Four" setting.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »
Thanks Marv, I thought the "Blue Magic Head" would be blue in color. This head is black.
Does Tom still sell the heads?
If it is indeed a Blue Magic, I'll use it. If not do you sell your modified Fox hemi heads?
Jerry Bohn

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »
Yup, a Blue Magic Head, one of Tom Muggletons best products.  It would have been dark blue originally - running darkened its color as it did mine.  I think you will like it. y1
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Jerry Bohn

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »
Pete, Thanks for verifying that. Who ever owned the engine before I got it took very good care of it. Looks like one minor inverted landing scrapping a fin slightly on head.
Jerry Bohn

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »
Thanks Marv, I thought the "Blue Magic Head" would be blue in color. This head is black.
Does Tom still sell the heads?
If it is indeed a Blue Magic, I'll use it. If not do you sell your modified Fox hemi heads?

Jerry, I cannot answer your question on the availability of the Blue Magic head as I do not use them (although I do have a couple).  As some one else already stated, they DO get darker with usage (especially if the user happens to get a lean run).
  I do not make Hemi-Heads for sale anymore, but what I do is, if someone  buys a Fox mfg Hemi-Head, I will put the latest mods on the button so the user will have the best version.  This mod will be at no cost other than the postage.  There are five (5) steps to modifying the head button.
  There are Four  Hemi Heads for the venerable old Fox Stunt 35.  The Blue Magic,  L & J  head available from Larry Foster,  The Randy Smith head available from RSM and the Fox Mfg one.  All do some good to the power or run of the engine.  (I personally like the Fox mfg one, but I am biased)

Bigiron

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here