News:

• May 17, 2024, 08:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox .29 X needle valve  (Read 701 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Fox .29 X needle valve
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
I just picked up a Fox 29 X needle bearing engine it has the square venturi with a round insert in it. Someone installed an OS needle valve assy in it . It  looks like an old 35s type of valve, the body is full size not cut down like a stunt 35 body in the venturi throat. Was the original Fox valve turned down in the middle, because it really fills up the venturi the way it is . Thanks, T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bob Matiska

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Fox .29 X needle valve
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
I finally dug out the 29X I bought in the mid 70s and pulled the needle valve assembly out. It does indeed have a constant diameter, about an eighth of an inch. It may look like there's not much room for air to get through the venturi insert, but trust me, it does. The 29X produces a good amount of power, even with the restrictor in place. With the restrictor out and pressure fuel feed, it really hauls. In fact, I was flying one that way at an Amarillo contest on a Demon and was asked if it was a 36X. Have fun with yours!

Bob in NEPA
AMA 56267

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »
Thanks Bob, I really like this engine It was all loaded up with old caster and stuck tight just the way I like to get them. I am going to have to add some gaskets so I can run it a little bit its in really nice shape . I have a hankering to build a pirate for this one , thanks for checking your engine out. T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
I added 4 .005 head gaskets and ran 6 Oz's of 5% GMA through it in a 4 stroke just on the edge of a 2 stroke to finish breaking it in , it loosened up really nice . I think I am going to run another tank thru it and then see where the compression is going to end up for sport flying. Larry Scarinzi says this engine will last forever on low nitro, its really built to take some serious abuse. T.J.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here