News:

• May 07, 2024, 07:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Evolution Engines?  (Read 630 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Evolution Engines?
« on: March 12, 2007, 08:36:52 PM »
Anyond have experience with Evolution engines?  I don't have any plans for buying one but wondered how a c/l conversion might work.

They're a good looking engine and reasonably priced.  That's all I know about Evolution engines right now. . .

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Messinger

Offline Glen Wearden

• Commander
Re: Evolution Engines?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »
Some of the guys in our RC club have them.  They're very user friendly, supposedly broken-in at the factory, and the carb is pretty much pre-set at the factory.  In fact, there is almost no adjustment of the low end needle because it can only be moved a little bit.  The problem seems to be that after a certain amount of running they get out of adjustment, so the pilots do whatever they do to bypass the stops,and then things get screwed up.  The OS's, ST's, Fox's, Mecoa's, Thunder Tiger's, etc. seem to keep coming back to the field, but the Evo's start staying home.  At least that's what I've noticed.  As far as converting to CL, I haven't a clue, but I wouldn't go to the trouble.  Just my personal opinion............Glen
Glen Wearden

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »
They aren't light, but they probably have pretty mild timing.

Just looked on their site- evolutionengines.com.  The 36 weighs 10.3 oz, with carb, so it is probably just under 10 with a CL venturi.  That is 1.5 oz. or so heavier than a Magnum 36, and 1.5 oz. heavier than a Brodak 40 with muffler.  The 40 weighs 14 oz., the 61 20.3.  All are considerably(1-2oz) heavier than even the LA's.
phil Cartier

Offline Joe Messinger

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
Sounds like the Evolutions might not be so good for C/L conversions.

I wasn't really considering buying one.  Just curious. . .

Thanks for the information.

Joe

Joe Messinger

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here