News:

• May 02, 2024, 10:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enya 40 6002 w/ dykes rings  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
Enya 40 6002 w/ dykes rings
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »
Has any one used the Enya 40 6002 with dykes rings for STUNT?

I have a new one with R/C carb that I was planning to sell, but I changed my mind after reading an interesting article about Enya Engines on the SuperCoolProps that says the Enya 40 6002 is more powerful then the Enya 45 6002 as well as the ST G21 46 by far.

That caught my attention and decided to investigate further about the potential of this old engine for CLPA before I get rid of it.

I just want to know if any one is using or has used one successfully for CLPA.

Martin

Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline line stunter

• New Pilot
Re: Enya 40 6002 w/ dykes rings
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
hi martian i have a enya 40 6002 as well in a box somewhere being  a r/c model. i have not run it in stunt, i have a profile model which i can easily shoe horn it into to to see how it runs, give me a few weeks and i will let you know.looks to be well made twin bb ect. cheers damien n~
damien sammut

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:31:51 PM »
Great!  Let me know how it runs and the Venturi Size you used.

Thank you,

Martin

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
hi martian i have a enya 40 6002 as well in a box somewhere being  a r/c model. i have not run it in stunt, i have a profile model which i can easily shoe horn it into to to see how it runs, give me a few weeks and i will let you know.looks to be well made twin bb ect. cheers damien n~

Hi Damien,

did you try it?  Let us know how it worked

thank you,

Martin

Offline line stunter

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:23:05 PM »
hi  martin sorry but have not had a chance to give the enya 40 6002 a fly yet as i have been very busy with work and have not had a break for a couple of weeks. engine is fitted to a brodak me109, 11x5 prop,uniflow tank and 280 thou venturi . hope to give it a try this weekend if weather is ok ,no wind and not to hot. will let you know cheers damien
damien sammut

Offline line stunter

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 03:15:56 AM »
hi martin i had two flights with the 40 4002 enya today and it seems to like to run in  2 stroke mode, setting it rich on the ground in 4 stroke after half a lap it jumps up into a fast 2, secound flight set engine on ground to a very very rich 4 stroke but same thing after half a lap straight into a 2 stroke, i could not get in any more flights in due to strong wind. i don,t think it will run in a 4x2 break ,but more so in a wet 2  stroke with flat pitch props. power wise it has no where near what the st 46 i fly has. just my thoughts any how cheers damien  #^
damien sammut

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »
Just a WAG, but I would think, from the HP claims, that the Enya has a good bit hotter timing than the ST 46 and is capable of turning more rpm than the ST at wide open throttle in R/C mode.  Thje ST 46 has mild timing which makes it so great for a 4-2 Stunt run, but not as good for open throttle rpm.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »
hi martin i had two flights with the 40 4002 enya today and it seems to like to run in  2 stroke mode, setting it rich on the ground in 4 stroke after half a lap it jumps up into a fast 2, secound flight set engine on ground to a very very rich 4 stroke but same thing after half a lap straight into a 2 stroke, i could not get in any more flights in due to strong wind. i don,t think it will run in a 4x2 break ,but more so in a wet 2  stroke with flat pitch props. power wise it has no where near what the st 46 i fly has. just my thoughts any how cheers damien  #^

thank you for testing the engine and reporting it here.

Are you planing to fly more with this engine?

I use a .295 venturi on my Enya 45 6001. Wonder what would happend if you use a  .295 venturi and a 12.25x3.75 APC prop.

As far as quality and durability, how would you compare ST x Enya?

Martin

Offline line stunter

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »
hi martin, yes i plan to have some more flights with the engine this summer, i have one of those apc 12.25x 3.75 to try ,i will  cut it down a bit and let it run in a wet 2 . bill power wise for stunt use i dont think the enya 40 would lug around a big over weight stunter through the patten, even with it running in a runaway flat 2 stroke it was not pulling out my arm socket as a st will, hope to get in some more flying soon cheers everone damien #^
damien sammut

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 05:54:16 PM »

today I just received one 40 6002 used so I can do some testing my self and spare the NIB one I have.

The engine seems fine, I just notice a little play on the Dykes rings and it seems it has no compression. I read somewhere that this is normal for Dykes Rings Engines, is it? If not I will have to order a ring from Frank Bowman. Other then that the engine is fine,,,,amazingly I got it for 31 bucks!

Martin

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »

I just ran the used 40 6002 on the bench to make sure it was ok. I installed a 0.294 (7,5mm) venturi and PA NVA.

The engine was leaking some fuel on the front bearing, but it turned a 12x6 as strong as my Enya 45 6001 Restored by F.Bowman to better then new. It would peak about 9900 rpms using the Enya Original Muffler, 7,5% Nitro 22% lube, and a old unknown plug.

RPM was not so steady at 8000rpm, it would fluctuate from 7850 to 8100. Above 8400rpm it was quite steady.

I am not sure how to rate the compression of this engine, because it has a Dykes rings, and I heard it is supposed to feel that it doesn't have any compression.

I will see if I can put it on the Pathfinder tomorrow and fly it.

Martin

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »

Well I am sorry to say that I was not able to test fly the Enya 40 6002 this weekend.

The crankcase is much wider then the 45 6001 and it didn't fit in the Pathfinder. I would have to shave the engine mounts and the clamp system way too much.

Martin

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here