News:

• May 01, 2024, 02:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DuBro final filter  (Read 619 times)

Offline Glen Wearden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
DuBro final filter
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »
I have several DuBro final filters, the ones made of aluminum, about 1" long.  They are closed at both ends, but one end can't be opened and the other end has what looks like an "O" ring fitting.  I can't remember which end is supposed to go toward the engine, and was wondering if someone out there would know.  It may not make any difference, but I seem to recall the instructions, which I threw away, gave a certain direction for installing them.  Thanks.

Glen Wearden
Glen Wearden

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: DuBro final filter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »
carefully insert a small drill bit in the ends to see where the screen is.. The end with the screen clostest goes to the engine.

Offline Glen Wearden

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Thanks, Bob.  That makes a lot of sense.  The chamber should fill up before the fuel passes through the screen.  I'll do it!

Glen
Glen Wearden

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
I have several DuBro final filters, the ones made of aluminum, about 1" long.  They are closed at both ends, but one end can't be opened and the other end has what looks like an "O" ring fitting.  I can't remember which end is supposed to go toward the engine, and was wondering if someone out there would know. 

The solid metal end goes toward the engine, the plastic end goes towards the tank. Be advised that these are very prone to leaking and falling apart - the plastic insert falls out, taking the filter element and the inlet fuel fitting out the back. After a few of those incidents, I pushed the end in, crimped the aluminum over the plastic insert, and poured 5-minute epoxy on the end fitting to seal it all up.

Brett

Offline Glen Wearden

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
Thanks for the warning, Brett.  I'll do the crimp and epoxy thing just to make sure.  I thought the black ring was a rubber "O" ring, but I can see, now, that it is a plastic.

Glen Wearden
Glen Wearden

Offline Ward Van Duzer

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:14:57 AM »
When opening a new filter for the first time (Brand X, Y, or Z) I always scratch an arrow on the filter denoting the fuel direction as indicated on the instructions I haven't lost yet!

H^^

W.
I hate spelling errors, you mess up 2 letters and you are urined!

Don't hesitate to ask dumb questions.
They are easier to handle than dumb mistakes!  Ward-O AMA 6022

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here