News:

• May 20, 2024, 06:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brett Buck fuel tank plan?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brett Buck fuel tank plan?
« on: July 22, 2020, 11:15:57 AM »
Brett didn't you post the plan for your metal 7.6 oz fuel tank at one point?

My Stunt Hangar search engine skills are apparently weak because searches like "Brett Buck fuel tank" lead to dozens of FP-20 tank setups, etc.  Searching "make metal fuel tank" yields 14 pages of results that are tantalizingly close but not quite.

I don't think the Brodak 8 oz 75 tank works as well as my Kenny Stevens 65 tank, for subtle reasons I don't entirely understand.  Thus it's probably time for me to learn how to make my own tanks...

The 75 run is good but not Nats good yet.
Steve

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Brett Buck fuel tank plan?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 08:19:48 PM »
Brett didn't you post the plan for your metal 7.6 oz fuel tank at one point?

My Stunt Hangar search engine skills are apparently weak because searches like "Brett Buck fuel tank" lead to dozens of FP-20 tank setups, etc.  Searching "make metal fuel tank" yields 14 pages of results that are tantalizingly close but not quite.

I don't think the Brodak 8 oz 75 tank works as well as my Kenny Stevens 65 tank, for subtle reasons I don't entirely understand.  Thus it's probably time for me to learn how to make my own tanks...

The 75 run is good but not Nats good yet.

It hasn't been posted as a full plan anywhere. And I admit to having a problem with generating new ones- the CAD version I used for all my tank stuff is on about a 4-generation-ago Mac Powerbook, and none of my current machines can run it or open the files. I have been working from paper copies for about the last 10 years. Right now, I don't think the one printer I have works, either.

Brett

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 06:36:04 AM »
Staples - scan- post maybe?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 07:13:43 AM »
    It hasn't been posted as a full plan anywhere. And I admit to having a problem with generating new ones- the CAD version I used for all my tank stuff is on about a 4-generation-ago Mac Powerbook, and none of my current machines can run it or open the files. I have been working from paper copies for about the last 10 years. Right now, I don't think the one printer I have works, either.

Brett

No worries.  I had thought it was but that explains why I couldn't find it.  There is enough of a description of it on the forum I think for me to incorporate the salient features in my own design to fit the 75.
Steve

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 10:36:12 PM »

Brett

Brett, I keep around an old Power PC  (OS9.1) for some of my abandonware CAD stuff, maybe I can help. What program were you using?
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
Brett, I keep around an old Power PC  (OS9.1) for some of my abandonware CAD stuff, maybe I can help. What program were you using?

I have a machine to run it, I just have no way of generating output.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here