News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak .25-.40 chip muffler. will it be ok to use on a HP .40?  (Read 832 times)

Online frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
         Hello All:

It has been suggested that I run a muffler on my HP .40 that is mounted upright on my Mustunt II.  In my junk box I found a chip muffler that came with a Brodak .25 that I purchased years ago. I have noticed that both the Brodak .25 and the Brodak .40 use the same muffler, could I use this muffler on my HP .40? Everything lines up such as the screw holes, exhaust port and the screw threads.  Will this muffler be good for the HP or should I modify it by opening the holes or other mods?

Tia,

Frank

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Brodak .25-.40 chip muffler. will it be ok to use on a HP .40?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
         Hello All:

It has been suggested that I run a muffler on my HP .40 that is mounted upright on my Mustunt II.  In my junk box I found a chip muffler that came with a Brodak .25 that I purchased years ago. I have noticed that both the Brodak .25 and the Brodak .40 use the same muffler, could I use this muffler on my HP .40? Everything lines up such as the screw holes, exhaust port and the screw threads.  Will this muffler be good for the HP or should I modify it by opening the holes or other mods?

Tia,

Frank

Yes you can use it if it has the proper amount of open hole area, tell us  what size and how many holes yours has
You can also use the  40  45  46  FSR OS or clone mufflers,  Royal or Magnum FSR, FOX 40 sch. , HP tube
there are a few more  tube types that will fit

Randy

Online frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:08:54 PM »
    Hi Randy:

There are ten 5/64” holes in the Brodak muffler.

What is your thoughts about that muffler? 

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »
    Hi Randy:

There are ten 5/64” holes in the Brodak muffler.

What is your thoughts about that muffler? 

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Open it up by adding  2 more  holes of same size  that should work well with you  HPs

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here