News:

• April 28, 2024, 06:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big Bore Stalkers  (Read 2206 times)

John Leidle

• Trade Count: (0)
Big Bore Stalkers
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:15:14 AM »
  I don't see any options for a big bore engine other than Stalkers.  I have tried the Stalker .81 but it doesn't seem to have much power at least I cant find it. I messed with my  .51 & it seems pretty good. Can I get some info on the Stalker .61 & .66s? I need the rear exhaust  type. Some of you guys must run them,,, I don't know the weights either.
                                                    John

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Big Bore Stalkers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
  I don't see any options for a big bore engine other than Stalkers.  I have tried the Stalker .81 but it doesn't seem to have much power at least I cant find it. I messed with my  .51 & it seems pretty good. Can I get some info on the Stalker .61 & .66s? I need the rear exhaust  type. Some of you guys must run them,,, I don't know the weights either.
                                                    John

Well, you can get a Jett 67 or 76, and there's always Belko's 75. What do you consider big-bore, and even more so, why? You can get enough power out of a 40, if necessary.

Brett

John Leidle

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
  Hi Brett,   to me a big bore is a .60 or more.  The PA  .51 is for sure a big bore engine too. I recently found a big engine that swings a 12-6 or better prop works best for me. I tried the .40s & OS .46 on pipes and really I wasn't happy. I've used the PAs on a pipe too but I just am not happy with them. On a low pitch prop I seem to have an ongoing problem of the plane stalling & dropping in square corners. 
                     John

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »
The most popular among the Ukrainian & Russian pilots seems to be the .76 Stalker. Solomyanikov & Yakovlev prefer it for example.

Lauri

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »
  Hi Brett,   to me a big bore is a .60 or more.  The PA  .51 is for sure a big bore engine too. I recently found a big engine that swings a 12-6 or better prop works best for me. I tried the .40s & OS .46 on pipes and really I wasn't happy. I've used the PAs on a pipe too but I just am not happy with them. On a low pitch prop I seem to have an ongoing problem of the plane stalling & dropping in square corners. 

If that is the problem, it will get A LOT worse with 6" of pitch and relatively poor speed control!  We have all been down this road before. Set it up properly on a pipe (like in the article from SN) and it will fly airplanes you can barely pick up.

I would guess a PA61 on a muffler would have no issue with a 14-6 2-blade if you wanted to try it, and a Jett 76 is not even worth trying with anything less than about a 14" prop, and I expect that a 15 or 15.5 is well within the realm of possibility.

Brett

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
I have a couple  StALKER 51 ENGINES.  They make plenty of power on planes such as LEGACY, and my own "TIBURON", (LEGACY variant) which captured a 1st place at the recent Fall Follies in Salem, OR.

Cubic inches doesn't always mean more stunting power.  I have discovered that "big bore" usually means more fuel consumption without a corresponding increase in power, where it counts.

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

John Leidle

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
   Thanks  Guys,,,

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »
.......to me a big bore is a .60 or more. 

Then there is the Rustler & Belko 60 too.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Brian Gardner

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
A Stalker 76 will bolt in place of the Stalker 61's & 66. The prop of choice is a 14.2x5.9  2 blade

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 08:13:15 AM »
The prop of choice is a 14.2x5.9  2 blade
Who makes that prop ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Brian Gardner

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »
I get those props from Stalker.  Rainbow also do one in that size, and the Yatsenko's probably do too. I have a few in stock.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Kaz Minato has them also...sometimes Rainbow, sometimes Yatsenko. I was tasked with obtaining a couple of 14.2 x 6? for my AZ buddy Gary Gingerich for his Yatsenko .76. I ordered two Rainbow props from Kaz (no Yatsenkos avilable)...about $75 with shipping. Wood props...YIKES!!! Yes, it should be less $ to get them from Ukraine, but I didn't have a connection there. They'll still be pretty expensive...and wood. Good grief... :o Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Brian Gardner

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »
I don't charge that much!!!! wow!!!

Kaz Minato has them also...sometimes Rainbow, sometimes Yatsenko. I was tasked with obtaining a couple of 14.2 x 6? for my AZ buddy Gary Gingerich for his Yatsenko .76. I ordered two Rainbow props from Kaz (no Yatsenkos avilable)...about $75 with shipping. Wood props...YIKES!!! Yes, it should be less $ to get them from Ukraine, but I didn't have a connection there. They'll still be pretty expensive...and wood. Good grief... :o Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here