News:

• May 02, 2024, 07:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: best prop for at 36 non cf  (Read 1025 times)

Offline brucefinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
best prop for at 36 non cf
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:32:22 AM »
I have an Aero Tiger 36 I will pairing with an ARF Vector.  What is the best choice for prop.  I have some of Randy's Bolly Clubman 10.5x5, which seem to work well.  Any other thoughts and if I go CF, what size?  Thanks to all.

Bruce

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: best prop for at 36 non cf
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »
HI Bruce

The 11 1\4 x 4  Bolly cf  or  the  12 x 4.5 wide  cut to  11.5 will work very well
In a 3 blade  the Bolly  11 x 4n  pitched to 4.25 will work very well
all of these  are  on  many planes  with AT 36s  in them

Randy

Offline Busby

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »
Another wood prop that works very well is the BYO 11x4 with a small amount of blade area taken out of the last 3in of each blade and the back portion of the blade thinned down.the whole prop needs to be cleaned up and a slight phillips entry sanded into the lower portion of the leading edge.
If you send me a fax number I will fax you a copy of exactly what to do with it.
I am now running the 11 x 4 N and it seems to be the best that I have used yet.
Marshall Busby

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »
I have an Aero Tiger 36 I will pairing with an ARF Vector.  What is the best choice for prop.  I have some of Randy's Bolly Clubman 10.5x5, which seem to work well.  Any other thoughts and if I go CF, what size?  Thanks to all.

Bruce

With a 10.5-5, I would guess you are running *way* down in the 4-stroke to get a decent speed. Less pitch would be what I would look for, get that baby revved up.

You will get better performance, and better control over the performance,  with a graphite/fiberglass prop. But, if you really don't want one, I would recommend trying the APC 11.5-4. It's an excellent stunt prop (hey, I tied for 15th at the 94 NATs using one...) and I know from observation it works pretty well with the AT36.

Of course, this kind of power in that little Vector is hyper-overkill. I've seen these airplanes fly well with as little as a Fox 35 or Fox 40 (large-case) (which, by the way, is anything, is wimpier than the 35 - certainly wimpier than a tricked-out 35)). I could fly my big airplanes, with authority,  with the 36 on a pipe. But if you get the right prop, you will not have any problems controlling it.

Brett

Brett

Offline brucefinley

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:55 PM »
Another wood prop that works very well is the BYO 11x4 with a small amount of blade area taken out of the last 3in of each blade and the back portion of the blade thinned down.the whole prop needs to be cleaned up and a slight phillips entry sanded into the lower portion of the leading edge.
If you send me a fax number I will fax you a copy of exactly what to do with it.
I am now running the 11 x 4 N and it seems to be the best that I have used yet.

Got the fax, Thanks for the info, I'm going to try it as I have some Brodak 11/4's.

Bruce

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here