News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Basic Tank Question  (Read 655 times)

Offline Mitch Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Basic Tank Question
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:23:21 AM »
Help,

I have a Brodak BH-596 standard vent tank and an OS .25la-s engine for a ARF Super Clown.  There are 3 tubes exiting the tank, I assume the top tube is the fill, the bottom is overflow and the front facing is for fuel supply to the engine.

1. Assuming this is correct which tube gets connected to the     
                        muffler fitting?

2. do any just get plugged?

Please explain in beginner lingo.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Offline Jim Treace

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • 1979 600 Aerostar N79JT
Re: Basic Tank Question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »
Mitch:
I use this tank on my profiles. You have the tubes correctly named. The tube on the front goes to the engine, top tube is fill and bottom is overflow. I connect the overflow to the muffler using standard size silicon tubing, and then to keep pressure in the tank, I cap the fill tube. You can cut a short piece of silicon tube and plug one end with a piece of metal rod. This can become your fill tube cap.  If you don't cap the fill tube , with the tank pressurized by the muffler, the fuel will be forced out of the tank. So you have to cap the fill tube. This seems to work good for me. You may want to un-plug the muffler silicon tube when you fill the tank. Otherwise, when the tank fills the overflow fuel will drain into your muffler. This can cause your engine to become flooded. Makes for a problem starting. Once you see the fuel coming out of the overflow tube, stop filling, then attach the overflow tubing to the muffler. Cap the fill tube and start the engine.
Great thing about this web site is all the excellent knowledge out there. These guys have really helped me. I flew c/l back in the 60's and now back into it. This site is very valuable and worth a small donation to keep it going.
Jim
Jim Treace
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL &
Paris, TN
AMA 855251 "Too soon we grow old...Too late we grow wise"

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Basic Tank Question
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
Your tank should have come with yellow caps on the three tubes, just use one of those to cap the top. Save the other caps for future use. If you run without muffler pressure leave the top tube open and cap the bottum tube. As said before make sure you uncap when fueling.
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here