News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Avistar .61 manual?  (Read 33387 times)

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Avistar .61 manual?
« on: January 15, 2024, 09:38:52 PM »
I am in need of manual for the avistar .61 Also what fuel and props work with this engine. It will be in a strega.

thanks, bob

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Avistar .61 manual?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:57:11 AM »
Bob - the Aviastar .61 will work very well with the Strega.
Experiment with a few different props: 12-6, 13-5, 13-6 for starters.
Insure that your engine has the updated head and venturi.
You can probably get the manual from Brodak.

Bob Z.

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 10:06:21 AM »
Thanks Bob. Brodak does not have manuals nor any info. Also cannot find manual anywhere online.

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 10:08:16 AM »
I am not aware of head or venturi recommendations. Where can I find info on them.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 11:17:11 AM »
I am in need of manual for the avistar .61 Also what fuel and props work with this engine. It will be in a strega.

thanks, bob
Just for grins  I asked the Bing AI where I could find a manual.  Here is what he/she/it/they answered:

You can find manuals for the Aviastar .61 model airplane engines on the RC Groups forum 1. The forum has a thread dedicated to Aviastar engines, where users have shared manuals for the .46, .53, and .61 engines 12.

I hope this helps!

Learn more:
1 rcgroups.com
2 rcgroups.com
3 library.modelaviation.com
4 towerhobbies.com
--------------------

I have gotten some rather helpful answers from this tool.  It knows what most of our terms mean.  I also think it has read Stunthangar.

Ken

AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 01:34:18 PM »
You can just use general tuning information for that type of engine.  12-6, .281 venturi with 10% nitro 1/2 castor 1/2 snyth oil and a hot plug would be a safe bet.   

MM 8)

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 04:08:33 PM »
Well, don't trade in your goggle searching computer for bing too quick. I searched all of its suggestions. none of them had anything on the manual. Someone else?

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Avistar .61 manual?-Update-no luck
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 07:33:22 PM »
Bob,
Not exactly what you are looking for but there is some flavor of what you seek attached.  It is for 46/53 RC.  I have a friend in Korea that may have the instructions still for one I delivered to him there.  Will see if I can get a scan.

You will find that the lubricants in the engine fuels will soften your skin better that electrons that are discharged from the motors.
Regards,
John

Update:  My friend in Korea could not find his instruction sheet and I learned it was a .53 not a .61.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 04:01:41 AM by John Paris »
John Paris

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 10:11:32 AM »
Thank you John, very kind of you. I debated whether  should sneak in around a corner so no one could see the trail of electron  falling off behind me lest they all go running. But I can no longer kneel, even to put batteries into a plane. So I bring a collapsable x frame with me and have the plane at standing height to put the battery in or do any work needed. I can start a glow model on it to then set it for launch. I no longer fly off a stooge and have a partner to launch so this will be no issue.  But the real key is that after 20 years of flying electric I am homesick for the sound. I like the smell of course. But my numb hands make handling small electric components impossible to handle. I cannot feel anything smaller than a #8 bolt and nuts that size are really tough for me to hold. So can also work with no electric wiring or connectors to fit in a narrow fuse. Maybe thats all rationalization for flying glow a bit, at least a try for one season. Also have some motors I always wanted to try on a stunter but got sidetracked into helping Rick Sawicki and Dennis Adamisin as electric developed. But I am physically unable to fly competitively any longer in any class, don't think they will let me go back to beginner... but that pattern would be flyable for me. And,well, I still want to try some more building development with carbon fiber structures, so need to build but have no need for another electric plane, so glow. It's all rationalization after all anyway.

Now to the real problem...Anyone found this manual for the Avistar 61. I got the one on the smaller motors but in the .61 its supposedly a modern motor and I question the recommendation with the smaller motors in their manual that recommends 50% castor in the fuel. Most ore modern motors in rc use less or no castor in the fuel. I am ok using castor, though I do not like the mess,  question when the smaller ones and the .61 were developed if the .61 should be running more modern fuel. So I just want to know the recomendation from the factory pm this.

bob

Online Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 11:43:55 AM »
I'm sure the factory ment that the 20% oil content should be 50% castor not 50% total oil content. Not even a PAW uses that much oil.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 03:31:38 PM »
Don't feel shy about entering Intermediate, if age-related physical difficulties make it impossible to continue in Super- Expert. Didn't you used to be in Deer Park, WA?  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2024, 07:14:02 PM »
Bob,
Attached you will find the sheet that came with the Aviastar 61.  I was able to get in touch with someone that had one and he still had the sheet.  Hope it is of some help.
John
John Paris

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2024, 05:04:29 AM »

Thanks John. Much appreciated. Do you still have Frank Carlisle's twin? What power did you wind up using?  bob

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2024, 02:42:37 PM »
Bob,
My ears have been listening for any information on the Aviastar 61 and I finally caught some the other night.  Glad to have come full circle on that one.  As for Frank's twin, I still have it and in case you missed the link I am attaching it here.
John

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/hybrid/msg635770/#msg635770
John Paris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here