News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Armour All . Fudge .  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Armour All . Fudge .
« on: May 16, 2016, 07:21:53 AM »
Would Somebody be kind enough to put a squirt of new stock armourall , in some fuel ( NOT a Gallon !  %^@) and give it a shake . Please .

Herein Terra Australiss , I was told a year or three ago - that " Theyve Changed It , It Doesnt Work . AND Itll form silicone in the fuel & block the spraybar "

Oh Dear . Thought this was drivle , and kept using it , off'n'on. No Worries . Untill ( Jaws Music )  The Nicely Cleaned  NEW Tank , Two Weekends  back I thought It ODD that

THE FUEL STILL FOAMED . Thought it even odder the stringey gunk pouring squeezebottle back into container, and the Lean Speeding Up RUNS. !  Angry

After this shambles & after a flight last weekend ( New A. All less fuel ) I pulled the filter . At the time I thought it was pva from the ex pva squeeze bottle. Though I used a syringe to Fuel It .  Undecided Tongue

The Bleedy FILTER was choka ( Full if your being awkward ) With a lump of white stringey gunk . Next Flight it needled FINE .

SO , If your Out of Old Stock Armour All , and theyve ' improved  it ' like here ( Aus. ) youll have to use it on your dash pad , or nylon props . it rejuvinates them . or the old one did , anyway . ( tearing hair out Icon )
Ive used all the stuff I had that worked on the dash pads & plastic . Shocked Sad

BUGGER .  Coffee Hoff

Tripe in filter looked like tripe ! or translocent coconut meat , or , . .  Pouring Fresh Batch from squeeze bottle it looked like there was PVA in the fuel . This caught the eye , being your usually looking where your pouring, with the cap off . Rather than squirting through the nozzle .

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Could be therell be a rush for  rural out of date supplies , if this is true .  n~ ???

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Armour All . Fudge .
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »
A better plan might be to not add Armor-All to your fuel in the first place!

Brett

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »
What Brett said.  If you have fuel foaming so bad you need a anti foam agent you have problems.

I also found that armor all tended to poison glo plugs.
Steve

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
where do you buy anti foam agent?

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:50:38 PM »
Look up 'silicon anti foam' it doesn't have to be a propriety brand.

Too much silicon insulates the plug element, too little won't stop foaming.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »
And Matt, (shamelessly stolen from another site but it does seem to be correct and I can't be bothered to retype it) -

"Armor All used a different formula many years ago, containing dimethyl silicone oils (not water based), and it got a bad name because of it. A bad name that for them, unfortunately, still lives on in the minds of many people.

Truth be told they have been a water based silicone for many years now, and their product isn't a whole lot different than the other rubber / vinyl protectants available. They don't have the higher concentrations of UV inhibitors that 303 Protectant, & Vinylex and a couple others do, but that's 1 reason they ( 303 etc.) cost more than Armor All. UV additives are the most expensive ingredients, arguably, in those products, so you get what you pay for to that extent.

But yeah- people still give it a bad name based on what it was a couple decades ago...it's just not the same stuff anymore.

Oh, and silicone is in all of them. The difference is the TYPE of silicone. A water based type is the kind that doesn't remove plasticizers from the material (additives in plastics/ vinyl materials that keep them flexible-without it can lead to cracking etc.) or feels 'greasy', so you can't single them out for using silicone, it's in more of the automotive products you use than you might think.

Using the "bad" silicones, and lawsuits led to negative consumer perception of Armor All, and they're STILL trying to catch up many years later, after the reformulation."
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here