News:

• May 20, 2024, 09:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AP .09 needle valve choices  (Read 480 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AP .09 needle valve choices
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:20:44 PM »
Ok here a question I'm looking for input on. I'm going to have a venturi made and mount it in an ap .09. Trouble is deciding on the needle valve and spraybar to use. I was trying to get an os .09 one but have yet to win any of the auctions. Should I just buy an enya .09 one at $10.00. Or RSM has an st needle valve that fits a fox 35 for 9.99? my two main intrests here are cost and being able to get a replacment if I break it.
What do you think is a better choice to try?

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: AP .09 needle valve choices
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
Jim,

There are lots of different needle valve assemblies available, and since you are having the venturi made anyway, you could have it turned and drilled for something that is available.

I don't particularly like the ST collet type needle locking system, which takes two hands, and sometimes a third to adjust and lock!

Mecoa has several needle assemblies available, and I've seen many others from our forum vendors. OS still sells them for some small engines, and Enya would be another source, as they still make small engines.

I wouldn't rule out Fox either, as they have excellent parts service.

Now, when you find a suitable needle assembly please buy extras, and have a couple extra venturis made for me. I'll buy both from you if you like, or tell us where you get them!

Bill

Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here