News:

• May 02, 2024, 09:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: air filters  (Read 657 times)

Offline Paul Allen

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
air filters
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:24:12 AM »
When fitting a Bru Line green fine air filter
to the venturi is there a rule of thumb as to
the restriction it causes ie, if an filter is fitted
to a 0.280" venturi does it reduce it to say
0.275"? n~

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: air filters
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 06:42:18 AM »
I have heard and believe it to be true.. reduces the choke area by one drill size.

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »
The comment I've seen is that the green one is comparable to a .010" reduction in venturi size and the black one is about .005"    FWIW  as they say, your mileage may vary....
Jim

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »
I thought Brett said the greenie was equal to -.020" and the black -.010". Could easily be wrong, tho. IMO, they do improve starting of an inverted engine. This is a nice thing to do for your engine.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »
Does Bru line have a web site? I would like to try some on my B40 engine as it is very finicky to do a one  or two flip start inverted in my vector . I usually just end up grabing the elec. start.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
I tried Googling for Bruline and got a lot of stuff, but none was a Bruline website. Some are related to beer, shockingly! I suspect these are actually made for air tools, but could be wrong. You can get them at Tower,  Hobby People, and maybe even your LHS. Since you just stretch them over the venturi, they'll fit most engines, but maybe not all. You can also apply some patches of nylon stockings with a wire tie or neoprene o-ring. Don't bother with a rubberband.
 :X Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here