News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: After run oiling of 4-stokes  (Read 564 times)

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
After run oiling of 4-stokes
« on: October 03, 2006, 05:32:48 PM »
If you have never opened up a 4-stoke engine and found rust on your bearing races, you probably will not be interested in this post.

But if "you are a believer" that your engine should have after-run oil inserted, then read on.   I will make the job simpler for you.   

If trying to insert after-run oil into the  crankcase nipple breather directly from the bottle, it is very difficult to know just how much oil you are introducing into the engine.   A small syringe and a length of fuel tubing make the job very simple.

I have found that 1 CC of after-run oil seems to be about the right amount to inserted into the crankcase.   Fortunately, I found a couple of 5 CC syringes in my parts cabinet, and they work out perfectly for the job.

Simply remove the top off from the after-run container, withdraw 1 CC into the syringe, and inject it through the crankcase breather.

By using a rubber band and fastening the syringe to the bottle of oil, it will be handy the next time you want to use it.  Be sure and cap the end of the tubing to keep it clean.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here