News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aero Tiger .36 makes a very sudden stop in mid air.  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Aero Tiger .36 makes a very sudden stop in mid air.
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
 H^^
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:48:29 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Aero Tiger .36 makes a very sudden stop in mid air.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 03:06:26 PM »
Today I broke out one of my full fuselage Cavaliers.  Primed the AT .36, 7 sharp flips, hooked up the glow plug and as always, one hard flip off it roared. Very nice take off if I say so myself.  Then at midway in the third level lap the engine made a pop and stopped instantly . Oh, oh. Very nice level glide to a 40 point landing. I thught the prop had come loose. Nope, but no compression. Hmmm.  I put up the plane and we flew others.

Ha! Nothing like that ever happened to me! Certainly not during the 7th round of the 1982 Middle Earth Stunt championships at Kearney Field  in Lexington, Kentucky, right after my triangles.

Actually, the only difference for me was that I knew *immediately* what had happened, because the engine took half a lap to spin down. It was *real quiet*.

Brett

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
Hello that dreaded sound and freewheeling prop occured last week for me but was the crank on my PAW diesel letting go. Painful when it is a great engine. At least yours should have many flights left . Regards Gerald  :)

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »
 :) Wow!  Sounds like something that happened to me!!  However, in my case, that same strange eerie silence occured shortly after touchdown  ???!!  %^@  LL~ LL~

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »
   Ha! Nothing like that ever happened to me! Certainly not during the 7th round of the 1982 Middle Earth Stunt championships at Kearney Field  in Lexington, Kentucky, right after my triangles.

Actually, the only difference for me was that I knew *immediately* what had happened, because the engine took half a lap to spin down. It was *real quiet*.

Brett

That's what I noticed as Ty's plane came around. Thought maybe the crank pin had sheared
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
That  " pop "  noise   is  an  option with the  Aero Tiger,  if you do not  want the  popping noise, you can make sure you have a good  crush washer and add significant  torque  to the  electric device , centered in the  head   :-)

Regards
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here