News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A real 2 stroke aficionado  (Read 645 times)

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
A real 2 stroke aficionado
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »
Well since the 4 stroker's got their own sub-forum, I figure this is the place to post this particular item.

If any of you know Fred Krueger, you know he is a lover of 2 stroke engines. No one is happier than Fred with a 2 stroke motor in his test setup.

But not only glow engines! This man is happiest behind the handle of his beloved old Lawnboy mower. Now he has pimped it up!
[youtube=425,350]xFsVDhI8txU&NR=1[/youtube]

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: A real 2 stroke aficionado
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:13:58 PM »
I had a Sears lawn mower, with a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine. It had multiple holes in the deck for the wheel axle bolts instead of spring lock adjusters, and a slotted pulley for a starter rope.

Darn thing ran for almost twenty years, before the steel deck finally cracked so bad it wouldn't stay together. The engine still ran fine. Most of that time was in Seattle, where the grass often grows year round, and has to be cut almost weekly. Seem to recall paying $19 for it new.  ;D

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A real 2 stroke aficionado
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
Howard Rush (of the JCT) is also a fan of Lawnboys. That's what got him interested in RO-Jett's, I heard. He's been known to burn up to 20% nitro (with Ucon oil, of course, no Klotz!) in the Lawnboy. I'm not sure if PTG is so enamoured with the OMC home and garden division, but I'd like to find out. Speaking of OMC, I guess they're now Bombardier Lawnboys? Eh?   LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here