News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Viko 1/2A Test flown,,,,,  (Read 745 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Viko 1/2A Test flown,,,,,
« on: May 03, 2008, 06:51:14 AM »
And it wasn't a total success.  I didn't damage the thing, but I had a tankful of chaos before it mercifully ran out.  The TeeDee will be enough power once it gets balanced out.

I assembled it with the stock metal engine mounts and a TeeDee .049.  Obviously, the creator had a heavier engine in mind. 

But relief is on the way.  An old school maple & plywood engine mount is in the shop.  As the weigh check shows, it's both longer and heavier.

Another point:
This fine model came with leadout tubes much too tight to the wires.  I had to replace them with loose-fitting eyelets.
Paul Smith

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
Re: Viko 1/2A Test flown,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
try moving the pushrod to the top of the elevator horn to decrease the sensitivity??  also what handle were you using?? You only want 3 fingers gap for these models..

Robert Bolton

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: Viko 1/2A Test flown,,,,,
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:29:27 PM »
The fix is done and the next training day is May 14th.   The weight is "up" to 8.2.

A little CNC work on some 6061 and the mission is (hopefully) accomplished.  If this isn't enough of an extension, at least I have a longer lever to hang the lead on.

The controls were already dumbed-down so much there was hardly any left to steer the plane.  I wish I could get Viko to us 3" (or bigger) bellcranks in their products.

Just kidding about the CNC 6061.  It's wood with silver HobbyPoxy.

Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here