News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:10:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tower .40/ speed limit combat  (Read 838 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Tower .40/ speed limit combat
« on: October 09, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
I bought this and was going to use it for parts but its just in great shape. I decided to use a fast ship for speed limit and use the Tower .40. My old FP-.40 served me many years as stunt engine and was going to swap parts around. Now that I have several fast ships figured why not use this. I will run a venturi but use bladder and see how it goes. Local RC club has a few swap meets a year and glow engines are cheap. Next one is in a month or so. Last year got a nice G-21 .35 combat and nice OS .35S RC for $50.00 for both. Hope weather is good for their next contest/ swap meet. Last two were blown away from wind. Anybody run a Tower .40 in combat ship?? These are older foamies with about 460 sq. " wings and 1 3/4" root tapered to 1 1/4" tip. Span about 48". Not made in china but Taiwan, please no china junk for me.
Thanks,Dan   H^^

ChrisSarnowski

Re: Tower .40/ speed limit combat
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
Hi Dan,

I have not seen Tower 40's run but have seen OS LA 40's and OS FP 35's.

For the record there are also guys that use OS FP 25's or LA 25's on smaller ships with good success.

Local preference is something along the lines of an OS 32 SX.

You will need to carry a little more fuel since it's a 40. You should get a little extra service life since its true ABC.

Hope that was helpful.

-Chris

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
I bought a venturi at VSC for LA .46 and ST nva and they go right in. Case hole needs to be opened for spraybar but thats easy. Compression on Tower .40 is very strong and will make a good engine for me. Found a nice cromed liner and fitted piston for my MK4 Fox. It was only one with less than strong compression and will change p/l out. 
Dan

Offline Leonard Rennick

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »
Dan, I run an FP40 on an Allenplane 9x5 Apc 10% nitro 20%oil (50/50) and it works great for slow. When you think you're ready come up tp Phx. we fly almost every Sun.

Leoanrd
Leonard Rennick AMA 865846

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
Dan, I run an FP40 on an Allenplane 9x5 Apc 10% nitro 20%oil (50/50) and it works great for slow. When you think you're ready come up tp Phx. we fly almost every Sun.

Leoanrd
I was going to use my FP-.40 but its retimed for stunt. I do have a Allen plane with stock FP-.35 and its ready to go. Its the steel liner and piston engine. It was my first new engine in the mid 80's. engine ran very smooth in a couple of stunt ships.
Dan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here