Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

THE SLASHER

<< < (2/9) > >>

Reptoid:
Well since he annouced it would be "Terrorizing the vintage combat circle (LOL) I'm Guessing Walt was referring to the somewhat loosely agreed upon rules for competition as flown in most contests with an actual turnout and actual combat matches. Maybe Tom was just referring to the East coast "Speed" event for combat models with no rules?

mike londke:
Looks cool Al.

jfv:
For the pure speed event, only models that are known to have been actually used for combat back in the day have been entered so far.  All the participants have really complied with the spirit of the event, even down to the engines used.  For the stunt speed, anything goes.

Al Ferraro:

Vintage combat should be something people recognize from back in the day, spirit and intent right? It should be a Voodoo, Sneaker, Vampire, Guillotine, Winder or something like that right?   

Motorman 8)
[/quote]
  You should check your approved plane list because you have one on there that has a smaller wing area than my Slasher.
PS: Fox Feathers 280 sq inch, Super Satan 300 sq inch (same size). If you ever attended the UMAC Memorial Day contest in Union NJ from 1967 - 1970, and entered fast combat as a junior, there is a good chance you’ve been SLASHED by The Slasher! I consistently placed 2nd or 3rd during those years. I still have the original model and there is a live Stunt Hanger forum member that witnessed me flying The Slasher back when I was 14 or 15 years old. A big part of the fun of the Vintage Combat Festival is to fly and ring out combat models that you’ve flown or seen in years past.
Al

Al Ferraro:
 The silk is on. I’m going to revive my old Slasher icon. I can’t wait to get it in the air.  ;D ;D
Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version