Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

THE SLASHER

(1/9) > >>

Al Ferraro:
 The Slasher will be terrorizing the vintage combat circles. Here is a new build of my design from 1967 that Jim Vigani scratch built for me using my original model for a template. Now it’s up to me to cover it with silk & dope. I will have a high nitro burning Fox 36XBB up front for power and will be looking to crack that 130mph barrier. I use a plastic bowling pin as a fuel compartment to hold the baby pacifier to feed the monster.
Al

C.T. Schaefer:
What Rules?

jfv:

--- Quote from: Motorman on August 16, 2020, 09:58:59 PM ---Looks like a 15 size ship, 280 sq. in.?

We might need some new wing area/thickness rules or this event is going to become meaningless pretty quick. 

Motorman 8)

--- End quote ---

Dimension wise, the wing is an exact duplicate of the original 1967 version, airfoil and all.  300 in2 wing area.

Paul Smith:
Actually we used to think that was a good idea back in the day.

The rules for slow combat, profile carrier, and some racing events said:  300 squares MINIMUM in the mistaken idea that 300 squares would slow you down.  So guys got the idea that going under 300, when you could, would make you go faster.

Later on, the designs of Howard Rush and Richard Wilkins taught us that you could go way over 400 squares and still go fast. 

I assembled and flew a Riley Wooten Demon kit in 1973.  New guys who saw it said the same thing as somebody in this posting: "What's that? A 1/2A or an FAI?"

Tom Luciano:
Looking good Al!!!

Walt,
  If you flew a 2x4 with engine bolted on the front for combat, its legal! As TS said, what rules!!

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version