News:

• May 01, 2024, 07:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New/Old combat questions  (Read 2109 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
New/Old combat questions
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:28:23 AM »
I am building 2 VooDoo's with ST G21.35. When I was a kid I used baby pacifiers and I can't find any now. Imagen that  D>K. What is being used now and where can I get 2 of them? Please send me a PM on info
AMA 12366

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
Re: New/Old combat questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
Refer to Sneeker post.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
Or you could do this and still use modern bladder material. Paper towel roll. This one was built for me by Larry Davis many moons ago.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
Robert there are a LOT of options

Red Caps
Pipette Bulbs
Gerber pacifiers from Wall World
Pen bladders are still specialty items to be found
Fuel tubing bladders from Texas timers or Phil Cartier

My experience is the store bought Gerber pacifiers are 1. expensive and 2. very high pressure

Red caps are about perfect but deteriorate fast

Scientific Pipettes are nearing the best of both worlds but I do not seem to be able to train one to be nice and round

For my casual every now and then fun flight the red caps work for me....real combat competition needs a more reliable and repeatable method and the various fuel tube bladders seem best

Ball or sausage  can humped bladder compartment is best with red cap, pacifier, or pipette... tubing bladders need a rocket tube type compartment
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline David Ruff

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »
Robert there are a LOT of options

Red Caps
Pipette Bulbs
Gerber pacifiers from Wall World
Pen bladders are still specialty items to be found
Fuel tubing bladders from Texas timers or Phil Cartier

My experience is the store bought Gerber pacifiers are 1. expensive and 2. very high pressure

Red caps are about perfect but deteriorate fast

Scientific Pipettes are nearing the best of both worlds but I do not seem to be able to train one to be nice and round

For my casual every now and then fun flight the red caps work for me....real combat competition needs a more reliable and repeatable method and the various fuel tube bladders seem best

Ball or sausage  can humped bladder compartment is best with red cap, pacifier, or pipette... tubing bladders need a rocket tube type compartment
Phil Carter to the white courtesy phone. Phil makes them.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Retired Army

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 12:44:38 PM »
Not sure what I can add here.  Pipette bulbs, usually 2 mlj , used to work fine.  The shorter you tie it the rounder it will blow up, but the less fuel it can hold.  It's easy to tell when you've overfilled it.  It bursts.
Pacifiers are better on older engines.  They have much lower pressure which makes the needle valve easier to set.  Pacifiers were around 6 psi.  1/4 x 1/16 wall bladder tubing is around 20 psi.  1/32 wall is in between but doesn't last very long.
phil Cartier

Offline Tim Chenevert

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
I have bought some pacifiers from Bob Mears on eBay that work really well. Tim
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
AMA 179681

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:08:17 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172216355832    here are your pacifier solutions. But your voodoo has a long tube for a regular tube type bladder.  This guy will have everything you need        http://www.mbsmodelsupply.com/index.php
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:30:12 PM »
Back in the 90s when I was running Phil’s yellow jacket tubing bladders I made the compartment space out of a plastic tube that was recommended to me by one of the New England crew. It was made from a golf club protector tube. Just cut to length and put ends on it.
I understand fluorescent bulb protective tubes work also, available at HD and/or Lowe’s. They have the additional advantage of being clear.
I’ve never run anything but yellow jacket bladders so I can’t comment on pacifiers and such, but I found them to be reliable and easy to work with.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here