News:

• April 26, 2024, 09:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NATS Thanks  (Read 629 times)

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
NATS Thanks
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
Just wanted to thank the folks at the NATS who helped me when I cut my hand on a prop and those who left messages on our home phone when I got bakck.

Howard(aka Don or H'ard) Williams saw blood and came running over.  He said that looks bad we better go to an ER.   I said Yeah, I think so.  Someone tossed me an old red rag and I wrapped it around the cuts and squeezed.  Howard bundled me into his van an we got to Ball Memorial in good time.  Relatively short time and they had a resident in to start sewing.  She wanted to know how it happened, and she, Howard, and I traded war stories for the hour the stitches took.  Howard had a bunch about flying, she had some experience sewing up big cuts( a lady fell through a plate glass window and sliced her arm from wrist to ebow).  Howard told about a student who didn't discover he had diabetes until he went in for his commercial medical.  She had a friend who finished 7 of 8 semesters in the commercial aviation degree who became diabetic before graduating and ended up as an aviation lawyer.  Time flies.

Six cuts across the last three fingers.  Only one was seriously deep.  Took about 15 stitches.
So far everything is healing up nicely.

Thanks for the support

Phi Cartier
phil Cartier

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: NATS Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
Phil, did not know about your accident.   Hope all goes well now.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here