News:

• April 28, 2024, 12:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mongoose or Super Voodoo  (Read 2319 times)

Steve Kientz

• Trade Count: (0)
Mongoose or Super Voodoo
« on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:15 AM »
has anyone owned or flown either of these two planes? if you need to see a picture look on baxter's website.
thanks
Steve

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Captain
Re: Mongoose or Super Voodoo
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:58:48 AM »
I used to fly the Voodoo in the ealy 70s with a Fox 35..or I should say I flew about 20 of them!...Im a retread and recently scratch built one with an enya 35 on it....trying to get up the nerve to fly it{cmon, Billy G, help me out Im bringing it to Brodak}..anyway, thats it..heres a pic

Steve Kientz

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »
Bob
NICE PLANE!!! i'm fairly new at flying,fondly remember my dad's combat ships(he built voodoos a dozen at a time). Super voodoo looks like a forerunner to what is competive now, actually the Mongoose although it has less area isn't far off either.One of my fathers old team mates wants a combat ship, but something a little more docile than todays fast ships.Not intending on competing ,just sport flying.

thanks
steve

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 08:46:35 AM »
As far as I know the Super Voodoo is just a Voodoo with extended booms.  But that seemingly minor change makes a dramatic difference in how it flies.  Seems like the Nemesis led the way on longer tails.

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
The Mongoose was a decent Slow Combat kit. 

It was a step up from other kits on ther market  But still undersize compared to the home built foamies that dominated the event.   The new engines (Fox Mark III & IV) had the power to pull a lot more wing area than a 'goose. 
Paul Smith

Steve Kientz

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »
My father is in his late 60s and really wants to fly something like he use to.i have two Corehouse Pschyos to build(TT 36 for power)and a Blackhawk Squadron Demon(15 or 25 powered?) started,but he still talks about Voodoos and Nemisis(especially Howard Rush's personal planes that seemed to be lighter than air.I thought the Mongoose or Super Voodoo might be enough of a handful for him to feel 25 again.

Steve

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 06:43:20 AM »
I reckon.  I'm 63, and have one old flying-tail type combat wing from the 60s, with a Fox Rocket .35 on it, pacifier pressure...probably hits 95 or so.  I can handle it but it's about all I can do, amazing how much difference slightly slower reflexes makes!  Still a blast to fly, still gets a bit of adrenalin going. Especially those moments of indecision when it gets REALLY close to the ground.

Build him his Super Voodoo!

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Steve Kientz

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
  i have a R/C flyer(ex c/l combat flyer) to confer with yet.he wants a combat type plane to sport fly,so if he votes for the Super Voodoo then I'll build three(one a piece for them and a spare).
Thanks
Steve

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
I took an old Big Iron with Johnson 35 CS to club meeting a year or so ago to fly as the wind is usually blowing to hard fr stunt.  Talk about a rush for this old man.  Metal tank on crankcase pressure and 10% fuel it was timed on level laps in excess of 90 mph.  Even Melvin got on the handle one tank and had a blast doing loops and eights at that speed.  Sure makes a stunt plane seem slow.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here