News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:03:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: line tangles  (Read 891 times)

Offline John_Craig

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
line tangles
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »
I remember reading an article about how line tangles happen but most important how to get out of the different types of tangles without crashing.  Does anyone have an idea where to start to look?  I thought I made a copy but I can not find it. 

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: line tangles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
I can (or could in my more limber days) demonstrate how to move relative to the other guy, but it's a little difficult to describe.  The easiest way to learn is to get a pair of one-handle stunt kites and chase each other. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
A lot of my F2D matches end up with sidecutters being the best exit strategy.If you remember how the tangle started try to stay close to the other model and unloop yourself.Most time line tangles are only one loop.Don't get too far apart and jerk or tug on the lines .If you do a shut off would be a good investment.

The exception is the old "wind up / wrap up" manoeuvre.In this case see the section on sidecutters.

Brad

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »
I remember reading an article about how line tangles happen but most important how to get out of the different types of tangles without crashing.  Does anyone have an idea where to start to look?  I thought I made a copy but I can not find it. 

I had a little diagram in the Flying Models combat column  a few years ago.  Essentially its:  if you are on the left and your plane went under untangle with an inside AROUND the other plane.  Left-Over-Outside   Right-Under-Outside  Right-Over-Inside.  This of course assumes you actually see the tangle coming and can see how you got into it.  If you do get into a tangle and can't figure it out.  Then the only thing to try is flying around each other a couple times in one direction.  If that doesn't work, switch and go the other direction a few more times and hope.
phil Cartier

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »

I had a little diagram in the Flying Models combat column  a few years ago.  Essentially its:  if you are on the left and your plane went under untangle with an inside AROUND the other plane.  Left-Over-Outside   Right-Under-Outside  Right-Over-Inside.  This of course assumes you actually see the tangle coming and can see how you got into it.  If you do get into a tangle and can't figure it out.  Then the only thing to try is flying around each other a couple times in one direction.  If that doesn't work, switch and go the other direction a few more times and hope.
phil Cartier

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
That is what was fun about watching the Minor Lads/boys(can't really call them boys as they are very fine young men) flying their F2D planes.  Almost every flight was a match.  Lost count how many times I thought I seen a tangle in progress and they would fly out of it.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here