News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:49:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Line Reels  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Line Reels
« on: October 18, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »
   With SIG out of business there is no easy source for empty line reels. I think Melvin Shutie got his from SIG and the last time I checked hi site he showed them as not available.  I read something some where that some were being imported from a Russian/Ukrainian supplier. Anybody got any more information on them?
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Line Reels
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 11:11:37 AM »
I just checked Brodak and they have in stock both the 4" reels (BH-685) $8.99, and the 5" reels (BH-686) $18.99.

It appears that the metal clips come with the reels, but they also sell the metal clips separately.  For the 4" reels you get 4 clips for $3.29 (BH-687) and for the 5" reel you get two metal clips for $3.99 (BH 688).  They have the clips in stock, as well.

Brodak used to charge only the actual postage on little orders like this if you phoned in your order.  That may have changed.

Joe Ed Pederson

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 01:14:38 PM »
I found some 3D print ones on Thingiverse. I modified one and can send you the file if I can find it.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 10:38:20 PM »
I found some 3D print ones on Thingiverse. I modified one and can send you the file if I can find it.

Thanks Howard. I don't have a 3D printer but might be able to drum up someone that does. i would like to take a look at it. i would like to find about a dozen and that will keep me stocked for a long while. The local hobby shop I used to work at has some kite string reels that are made from some really tough looking plastic that are 4 bucks with the string. I may experiment with those a bit. If you find the file, ping me and I'll send you my email address.

Hey Joe Ed!! Thanks for the Brodak information. 9 bucks for s styrene plastic reel that may deteriorate and fail like the SIG ones did does not excite me!! I have some of the larger reels I got from an estate. I don't really need those for the new fishing line flying lines I am wanting to play with. I may have to go through my collection and weed out any line sets that are not really the best shape and strip the lines off of them to reuse the eyelets and reels.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 03:52:31 AM »
   With SIG out of business there is no easy source for empty line reels. I think Melvin Shutie got his from SIG and the last time I checked hi site he showed them as not available.  I read something some where that some were being imported from a Russian/Ukrainian supplier. Anybody got any more information on them?

Happy to help - https://f2dservice.nethouse.ru/products/category/3033678 - and somewhat cheaper even with shipping I think  ~^

Offline realSteveSmith

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 05:48:10 AM »

Melvin has reels again...he sent me some a couple weeks back.  They have 'eastern block' writing on them.....perhaps these are the Russian/Ukrainian reels. 
AMA 175438

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 11:05:27 PM »
These look interesting. Not much info, but the scale is about right. These are sized for circuit board component tapes used in NC placement/board population. Might find some nearer our traditional line real size?

https://dir.indiamart.com/impcat/plastic-spools.html

The price seems too low when I convert, so maybe there is a minimum quantity that isn't mentioned?  (5 rupees would seem to be about 6 cents each....)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 04:28:49 PM »
  Howard could you email me the file you modified? We've printed several from Thingverse but I'd like to try yours. Thx
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here