Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Combat

Gotcha Speed Limit by Phil Cartier: enya 29?

<< < (3/3)

phil c:
Hi Derek,
Are you planning on building the combat  wing/stabilator version, or the sport/stunt fuselage version with a standard stab/elevator?

Either one could handle the Enya, 29 or 35.  Due to the slight extra weight you might have to lengthen the tail boom/fuselage a bit to get the balance point positioned properly.
Ordinarlily these planes seem to do best with the balance point on the spar.  The Enya is, I think, about 1/2 oz heavier than an OS LA 25.
Get all this trimming done before completing the plane.  It's a lot easier to get the plane setup close to optimum before completely finishing it.

Phil C

Derek Shapka:

--- Quote from: phil c on April 26, 2022, 07:36:35 PM ---Hi Derek,
Are you planning on building the combat  wing/stabilator version, or the sport/stunt fuselage version with a standard stab/elevator?

Either one could handle the Enya, 29 or 35.  Due to the slight extra weight you might have to lengthen the tail boom/fuselage a bit to get the balance point positioned properly.
Ordinarlily these planes seem to do best with the balance point on the spar.  The Enya is, I think, about 1/2 oz heavier than an OS LA 25.
Get all this trimming done before completing the plane.  It's a lot easier to get the plane setup close to optimum before completely finishing it.

Phil C

--- End quote ---

Thanks Phil appreciate the advice.  I was planning to build the wing + arrow shaft stabilizer version.  Great thought, i'll dry fit and shoot for the c.g. at the spar by lengthening the boom.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version