News:

• May 04, 2024, 10:08:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Go with plan B  (Read 748 times)

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
Go with plan B
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:37 AM »
Well after careful consideration I've decided to not use my Ziroli P-38 in the Brodak WWII combat event. This thing was insane. I've never had a CL plane that did a loop, barrell rolls and flat spins all in about a half lap with little or no input from the handle. Took about an hour and epoxied it back together and added a healthy offset to the engine along with 3/4 oz of tip wt. and it did an even more bizzare set of tricks before it ended it's life. Consenses was to rebuild it and try 2 oz of tip wt :). Don't have time before Brodaks so will be flying Navy instead of USAAF.
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Go with plan B
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
I built several of those back in the day.  How much elevator did you have?  Also an ounce of lead at the tip rib.  Flew with combat special (Fox) on crankcase pressure and .018 lines 60 feet center of plane to center of handle.  Mine was limited to 15 degrees up and 15 degrees down.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
Re: Go with plan B
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »
I built several of those back in the day.  How much elevator did you have?  Also an ounce of lead at the tip rib.  Flew with combat special (Fox) on crankcase pressure and .018 lines 60 feet center of plane to center of handle.  Mine was limited to 15 degrees up and 15 degrees down.  DOC Holliday

15/15 is about what I had Doc. I never really got a chance to give it to much input. Took off down wind and as soon as it came around into the wind it lost it's mind and became a free flight. It came in on me hard.
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here