News:

• May 04, 2024, 03:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox combat special  (Read 2553 times)

Offline david smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Fox combat special
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »
Just curios what Fox combat specials are worth specifically a Mk 3, 5, and 6. I have a someone wanting to get rid of a couple and I just want to know a ballpark price that I should expect to pay.  They are in excellent condition, just some break in time on all of them.  Thanks for the help
David

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fox combat special
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
I expect $60 to $140 would be Ebay prices for these engines. It really depends on NIB vs. run engines. Obviously NIB commands the highest prices. If they only have bench time on them I would take a chance on them if they were in $70 to $80 range. Other than that, being old Foxes I would not pay top dollar unless they were NIB. Others will chime in I am sure but I think my guesstimates are correct. I really hope this means you are gonna start flying combat. VD~ VD~ VD~ VD~ VD~ VD~
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
A Mk III, especially NIB would be worth more.  They didn't make so many of those, but the crank is a bit weak except solely for sport use.  The Mk V's run OK.  The VI would be the best of the bunch as runners.
phil Cartier

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 07:39:15 PM »
Thanks for your help Mike and Phil. And sorry it doesn't mean I'm flying combat they are actually set up as carrier engines. If we could have been at brodaks a day earlier then I would have flown combat there .

Thanks
David

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »
I liked the Mark IV's.  The problems of the  Mark III were corrected.   The Mark V was a cheapened-up sport engine, but a good buy at the price.

The problem with buying used combat engines (sight unseen) is that most were run hard & dirty.

One thing about carrier conversion.   When they're too loose for combat, they're just right for carrier.
Paul Smith

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
The 3 is the most used of the bunch but still strong and none of them have seen combat. They were carrier engines from the start of their life. I now have them and I will just say that I couldn't pass up the price.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here