News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Pacifiers  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Ken Burdick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Baby Pacifiers
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »
Lots of talk about what to use for pacifier compartments. Where do you get the pacifiers that actually work now? I have two that were given to me..

Thanks.

Ken

Online Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: Baby Pacifiers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Ken as I understand it Binky are no longer...same basic shape is the Walmart Gerber non othro versions...real PITA to get the hand ring out of with my old hands. They are about $2.59 for a two pack, so from posts here, they sound fairly expensive

Compared to bladder materiel like we use for the Big Block. I think they have a lot more pressure..... I tested a Gerber against a two inch length of bladder through same length fuel line and the Gerber 2.5 oz went about 2 foot longer faster stream on my driveway
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Don Stoneman

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »
I had the same problem finding some that would work in several old planes I have that are a throw back for years gone by. I found some that where = to what we used in the early 80's So far they have worked well. How many are you needing, might be able to help you.

Don 

Offline badbill

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:35:28 AM »
I buy Binky's at CVS. They work great and are quite a bit softer than the ones from walmart. Hard to get apart though. The red caps work awesome, cheaper and easier to pump up but not as much pressure.
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline KSeaton1

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 07:10:28 AM »
A company called Labco carries them. They work great. They are a lab supplier and they are used on top of a glass thinige. The source now is Daigger Lab Equipment and Supplies. You are looking for amber latex droppers made by Heathrow scientific. I hope this helps. Kevin
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:28:08 AM by KSeaton1 »

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:53:47 AM »
thanks guys.
The red caps that I tried were sub standard (imho) so I'll try the wally world thingy.  There really is no problem using bladder tube but the Blitz just looks cooler with the hump..."what hump?" LL~

Online Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
Ken
PM your address and I will slip a few of the pipette bulbs in an envelope

They are between the red cap and the heavy gerber/binky and act just like a binky in the hump although lower pressure
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
Amazon sells Gerber Soft Center pacifiers, a 6 pack is $12.85. Texas Timers (a free-flight site) sells step-down pressure fittings to make needling a little better:

http://texastimers.com

Texas Timers even sells the old low pressure black pen bladder tubing, too.

Offline Charlie Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 01:33:05 PM »
You can find the pipette bulbs on eBay.   Heathrow Scientific HS20622B Pipette Bulb 2ml latex    I typed in everything and chose all categories for the search.
If you used just latex pipette bulbs you'd probably get to the same spot.  A package of 72 bulbs is $18.81 plus $5.00 shipping.  There were other vendors with
much higher prices, beware.   

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:58:23 PM »
  For me on my 36x bb, the pipette bulbs did not supplied enough of fuel (40 nitro) and it cost me to lose a engine. I use the Gerber soft center pacifiers. To take them apart, put the plastic shield in a vise and warm it up a little with a heat gun. Then with a big screwdriver pry out the ring from the shield, it will come out pretty easy.
Al

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »
  For me on my 36x bb, the pipette bulbs did not supplied enough of fuel (40 nitro) and it cost me to lose a engine. I use the Gerber soft center pacifiers. To take them apart, put the plastic shield in a vise and warm it up a little with a heat gun. Then with a big screwdriver pry out the ring from the shield, it will come out pretty easy.
Al
Good tip Charlie. thanks
Home of the control line combat museum.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here