News:

• January 22, 2021, 11:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Att: Phil C or anyone that knows ST-36  (Read 726 times)

Offline Gordan Delaney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Att: Phil C or anyone that knows ST-36
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:01:44 AM »
Bought a ST-36 Schneurle Ported. A lot different than the ST-35 G21.It is not a Perry port,but a real schneurle ported engine. I think it must of come out after I quit flying Combat. Nice looking  engine. Do you know anything about this engine or seen one run.

Thanks
Gordy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:24:23 PM by Gordan Delaney »

Advertise Here

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Att: Phil C or anyone that knows ST-36
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 06:56:20 PM »
I got a Supertigre G-34 Schneurle motor.  double ball bearings, it ran OK.  It was choked a bit by a 13mm(?) crank.  It was also kinda heavy, north of 9 oz.  It also was ringed which has never been a good idea in combat, anyway.  Hit the ground and get silt-sized particles in the ring would really screw things up.

I never saw a 35/36 version of the similar G-40 engine.  It would have been a dud at well over 12 oz. as a G-35
phil Cartier

Online Dan Hay

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:50:40 PM »
     Here are two of my ST .36s.  Modified by Henry Nelson a year or few before the Nelson .36 was introduced. Some differences between them, both are aac, one has a "eyebrow" on the exhaust port, one uses a standard plug the other a Nelson plug.  They weigh 8.9 oz. after going on a diet. I think these are the model that had a large S on the case. I've never looked inside.

Offline Gordan Delaney

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 12:03:53 AM »
Hi DAN,  That is the same as I was asking about. Have you every run yours and if so how did the run. Fast or maybe just OK?
Thanks
Gordy

Online Dan Hay

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 03:49:20 AM »
Hi Gordan,  Yes they were fast and would restart when hot. I ran them on 25% nitro but have been told 40% to 50% would make them light up.  They were pigs on fuel four ounces was good for two minutes, but most matches were over by then.  Not up to the power of a Nelson or Fora but good for the time they were made. Mine were modified by Henry, so I don't know how a stock one preformed.

Online Motorman

• Admiral
  • Millville NJ PDQ Flying Clown Country
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »
Is it ABC or Iron piston. I would look into the rear bearing to see if it's a plastic cage or other. If it's ABC and has a good fit it would be worth getting good bearings and a mod head.

Dan, what rpm are you running with the Nelson mods?

Motorman 8)
Remove victim to fresh air

Online Dan Hay

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:19:39 PM »
     I have no idea of what RPMs the ST Nelsons turned.  The last time I ran them had to be about 25 years ago.  I used them a few times then bought a Nelson modified Fox Mk 7 (I think) and the Nelson .36 came out before before I ever used the Fox.  My wife bought me 3 Nelson .36s. I ran one of them 5 or 6 times the other 2 are still in the bags.   Moved  from Michigan where there was a lot of combat activity to central Florida where there is none. So Sad.

Advertise Here
Tags: