News:

• May 01, 2024, 11:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB Silkspan  (Read 645 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
WTB Silkspan
« on: November 08, 2023, 03:04:52 PM »
I am looking for some sheets of the K&S medium weight silkspan that we used years ago.  I would like to have 6-12 sheets and am willing to pay a fair price and shipping for it.  It comes up on ebay every once in a while and goes for ridiculous prices and I cannot afford that.  You can pm me or email me at mikegriffin1947@gmail.com.  Thanks, guys, for the consideration.

Thank you
Mike

Offline David_Ruff

• David Ruff
  • Commander
  • Retired Army
Re: WTB Silkspan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 01:11:59 AM »
Mike

I am wondering what the stuff is that Brodak sells as silkspan or even what is sold by Easy Bilt? 
Just glad to be here

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 08:16:28 AM »
Mike

I am wondering what the stuff is that Brodak sells as silkspan or even what is sold by Easy Bilt?

Good morning David,

I have never used the material from Easy Bilt but I have tried the stuff from Brodak and I do not know what it is but it is NOT Silkspan or at least what we used years ago.  I tried one plane with the Brodak material and ended up ripping it off the wing. 

Mike

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 08:18:19 AM »
Never used the Brodak stuff but the Easy Built 'silkspan' is doctor paper.  I'm sure it's fine for their indoor/rubber free flight kits but hasn't worked out well long-term for what we do.  Still say the 'tea bag' paper from Sugaridoo will meet your expectations at a fraction of the cost you might pay for any old stock silkspan..  I saw the other day six sheets of GM silkspan on Ebay was up to $73 with several days' bidding yet to go.   I paid less than that for 30 YARDS x 3 feet wide tea bag paper.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 09:34:21 AM »
Mike, there are some sheets in the amount you're looking for on eBay right now. He's been running this auction a few times now because of no bids. Might be your chance.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 02:16:46 PM »
Mike. Check your P.M's.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 02:46:55 PM »
Mike. Check your P.M's.

Thanks Tony.  Sent you a PM back.

Mike

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 02:47:13 PM »
Mike, there are some sheets in the amount you're looking for on eBay right now. He's been running this auction a few times now because of no bids. Might be your chance.
Thanks Bill

Mike

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 02:48:26 PM »
Never used the Brodak stuff but the Easy Built 'silkspan' is doctor paper.  I'm sure it's fine for their indoor/rubber free flight kits but hasn't worked out well long-term for what we do.  Still say the 'tea bag' paper from Sugaridoo will meet your expectations at a fraction of the cost you might pay for any old stock silkspan..  I saw the other day six sheets of GM silkspan on Ebay was up to $73 with several days' bidding yet to go.   I paid less than that for 30 YARDS x 3 feet wide tea bag paper.

Dave

Thank you Dave.  I actually saw that too and would not pay that much.  Just crazy.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here