News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB: Banner Wheel Hubs  (Read 20884 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
WTB: Banner Wheel Hubs
« on: February 09, 2024, 12:08:57 PM »
Banner Wheels were really spiffy looking and look great on Classic era airplanes, would like a set for my new Gypsy. I had a set that the tires had rotted off, but fixed with new tires.  Now I am looking for new hubs, condition of tires unimportant.  If you have some you can spare pleas PM...

THANKS!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: WTB: Banner Wheel Hubs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 06:55:21 AM »
Banner Wheels were really spiffy looking and look great on Classic era airplanes, would like a set for my new Gypsy. I had a set that the tires had rotted off, but fixed with new tires.  Now I am looking for new hubs, condition of tires unimportant.  If you have some you can spare pleas PM...

THANKS!
Bro I have a new set but they seem to be missing the little threaded insert in the back.  If you still have that you'll be good to go....

Trib
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 08:34:46 AM »
Could be I got it wrong and they are complete.  The instructions talk about just a push fit on.
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 08:36:38 AM »
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 08:37:41 AM »
Coming to a snail box near you.  These are 2 1/4”.
AMA 20934

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 09:13:53 AM »
Hey Trib:
The last set of Banners I ever bought had beige plastic hubs and were a push-on fit.  They had some kind of ring inside that was supposed to clinch down on the axle preferably into a notch ground into the axle.  The picture you sent looked like it has a place for a threaded insert, do not know how to duplicate but... one problem at a time! Worst case I suppose I could start ANOTHER thread, this time looking for the threaded inserts for Banner hubs!

Will PM with snail addy...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:04:15 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 02:02:40 PM »
Hey Trib:
The last set of Banners I ever bought had beige plastic hubs and were a push-on fit.  They had some kind of ring inside that was supposed to clinch down on the axle preferably into a notch ground into the axle.  The picture you sent looked like it has a place for a threaded insert, do not know how to duplicate but... one problem at a time! Worst case I suppose I could start ANOTHER thread, this time looking for the threaded inserts for Banner hubs!

Will PM with snail addy...

Denny, are you sure that you’re not thinking of Kraft wheels?  They are smooth and featureless on the outer side.

Banner wheels seem to be quite a bit more complicated than your description (see assembly pic).

In any case you might be better off having someone machine you some new aluminum hubs to fit whatever tires you can buy brand new.  Or, GASP, have some 3D printed.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 02:53:16 PM »
Denny, are you sure that you’re not thinking of Kraft wheels?  They are smooth and featureless on the outer side.

Banner wheels seem to be quite a bit more complicated than your description (see assembly pic).

In any case you might be better off having someone machine you some new aluminum hubs to fit whatever tires you can buy brand new.  Or, GASP, have some 3D printed.

Yes I know the difference between a screwed together Kraft wheel & a Banner.  There were Aluminum hub Banners ( the ones I seek with LH/RH threaded collars) & plastic hub push-on Banners.  The plastic hubs were paintable but no self-respecting Nobler would be caught dead with them!  (that ought to stir things up!)
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here