News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanted RSM Distribution Thunder Gazer kit  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Christian Patrickson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Wanted RSM Distribution Thunder Gazer kit
« on: December 22, 2023, 07:08:02 AM »
Hi,

I am looking for a take apart Thunder Gazer kit from RSM Distribution. I intend to install an electric power plant in this model. Please let me know.

An alternative would also be a Trivial Pursuit... but I would still like to have the Thunder Gazer plant in order to make it a take apart model.

Thanks!!

Rgds.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: Wanted RSM Distribution Thunder Gazer kit
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »
If you get the kit, let me know how you make the leading edge of the wing.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 04:29:03 AM »
Christian PM sent.

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 04:29:44 AM »
Walt, you can still download the build log for the kit.
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 05:09:31 PM »
I've had the kit. It's basically a wing you can't build without support equipment. I sold the kit. The build log shows how to change the wing to a standard type construction that's not as light or consistant as the modern way. Probably still fly pretty good.

MM 8) 

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 08:59:54 PM »
Thats the Tunderbolt Wewage Wing prettymuch . Bob Hunt should have the cradle & lost foaming at the mouth cabodle , for the wing and tail at least .

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 09:32:51 PM »
Thats the Tunderbolt Wewage Wing prettymuch . Bob Hunt should have the cradle & lost foaming at the mouth cabodle , for the wing and tail at least .
I thought Bob retired?
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 11:45:52 PM »
Bob did retire.

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2024, 10:45:31 AM »
Hi,

Just to let you know that I bought a TG kit from Craig.

Thanks for all your comments!  I now have to buy the proper 3 blade carbon prop, spinner, electric motor, controller and timer. I have already have some ideas on where to by these itmes, but if you have suggestions, they are welcome.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 01:54:25 PM »
Hi,

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

I’m curious Christian - How much was the shipping cost from Down Undah?

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 01:10:51 PM »
I’m curious Christian - How much was the shipping cost from Down Undah?

Hi, I believe AU$ 60 (around US$ 40).

Anyway, if you are in Chile, shipping costs are ALWAYS very relevant.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 06:17:59 PM »
Hi, I believe AU$ 60 (around US$ 40).

Anyway, if you are in Chile, shipping costs are ALWAYS very relevant.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

THAT’s A BARGAIN ON INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!  I got estimates on shipping a large kit of $100-$150 from one end of the U.S. to the middle (Chicago) and the far end (Boston), and yes I did try PirateShip.

I’m not in Chile.  Are you in Chile?

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 10:22:27 PM »
THAT’s A BARGAIN ON INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!  I got estimates on shipping a large kit of $100-$150 from one end of the U.S. to the middle (Chicago) and the far end (Boston), and yes I did try PirateShip.

I wonder if things may be easing in the future?? I just read where UPS is laying off 12,000 and everyone that has been working from home has to go into the office 5 days a week now! It's sup[posed to save the a billion dollars!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

• New Pilot
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2024, 11:06:26 AM »

Hi. Maybe... However I still need to get the model (still have not). The model is currently in the Chilean customs. For this reason, some times I prefer to pay BIG MONEY to get the model fast and lower the risk of loosing the item.

And.... YES I am located in Chile. For me Chile is like a Black Hole: Anything you buy from abroad requires A LOT of money to get, and it is nearly impossible to sell it abroad (i.e. nothing escapes from the event horizon.....)  :)

Now I have to get the power plants and accessories for the stunt models I have. Please do let me know about good places to buy props, spinners, electric motors, speed controllers and timers (and any other bit I may be forgeting). As I said before, I am an rc glider person. I used to fly control line about 30 years ago.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2024, 03:51:51 PM »

Now I have to get the power plants and accessories for the stunt models I have. Please do let me know about good places to buy props, spinners, electric motors, speed controllers and timers (and any other bit I may be forgeting). As I said before, I am an rc glider person. I used to fly control line about 30 years ago.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Good places to buy?  Brodak.com is a fairly comprehensive control line store.  If you are going electric you can get powertrain: props/spinners/motors/ESC’s from any RC online hobby store.  Another CL shop is OkieAir.com they have excellent Tom Morris control systems bellcranks and linkages.  For timers you should check the vendors corner or place a want-to-buy ad specifically for a timer.  RSM used to carry the well-regarded KR (Keith Renacle) timers but RSM is currently closed.  Many people are currently talking about the Fiorotti Active Timers from OkieAir or CLTimer.com which are very feature-rich but pricey.

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2024, 06:19:33 AM »
Good places to buy?  Brodak.com is a fairly comprehensive control line store.  If you are going electric you can get powertrain: props/spinners/motors/ESC’s from any RC online hobby store.  Another CL shop is OkieAir.com they have excellent Tom Morris control systems bellcranks and linkages.  For timers you should check the vendors corner or place a want-to-buy ad specifically for a timer.  RSM used to carry the well-regarded KR (Keith Renacle) timers but RSM is currently closed.  Many people are currently talking about the Fiorotti Active Timers from OkieAir or CLTimer.com which are very feature-rich but pricey.

Thank you very much Paul for your guidance. I talked to the person in charge of OkieAir and sent him an email describing all my needs. Never got back from him. In the vendor section of this Forum, there are some comments about OkieAir not honouring some purchases. I cannot give a personal opinion about this myself, since I have not bought anything from OkieAir yet. But I -as probably many in this Forum- have been cheated by some vendors in the past. So it is convenient to be careful.
I have the impression there are not many specialized stores from where to buy C/L accessories. However, I am basically new to C/L, so perhaps it is just my ignorance about this discipline… Thanks again for all the advices. They are really helpful.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Offline Glen Meador

• New Pilot
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »
Christian
You should contact Joe Daly, he already scratch built an electric version of the Thunder Gazer and I'm sure he would be happy to help you with the mods required.  I do know he extended the nose moment considerably.  Joe is an extremely competent builder and flier.

• New Pilot
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 01:29:11 PM »
Christian
You should contact Joe Daly, he already scratch built an electric version of the Thunder Gazer and I'm sure he would be happy to help you with the mods required.  I do know he extended the nose moment considerably.  Joe is an extremely competent builder and flier.

OK and thanks. Will do.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Offline Russell Graves

• New Pilot
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 03:12:08 PM »
If anyone knows where I can buy a set of Thunder Gazer plans, please let me know. Thanks!

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2024, 05:53:31 PM »
I have a very low resolution, pixelated PDF of this I can send.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Russell Graves

• New Pilot
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 07:45:31 PM »
Yes that's all I am looking for. I don't want to make the Thunder Gazer. I just want to take measurements and learn from the design. If you have this in full-scale printed format that would be awesome. Let me know the cost for the plans and shipping.

Offline Branko Ljubetic

• New Pilot
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2024, 08:08:40 AM »

Thanks for all your comments!  I now have to buy the proper 3 blade carbon prop, spinner, electric motor, controller and timer. I have already have some ideas on where to by these itmes, but if you have suggestions, they are welcome.

Rgds.,

Christian A. Patrickson

Hi Christian. Im chilean also so if you need help just let me know, many guys from Santiago are going electric nowdays (im not one of them, tho). In any case, hope to see that Thundergazer at the nats in november.

Regards.

Branko Ljubetic

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here