News:

• May 20, 2024, 09:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Streamline Aluminum Hub wheels  (Read 742 times)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Streamline Aluminum Hub wheels
« on: March 10, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »
Anybody know where I can get the old "Perfect Streamline" wheels?  I am in need of 1 1/2" and perhaps 1 1/4". 

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Streamline Aluminum Hub wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 07:09:24 PM »
     I believe  Perfect is still in business and they list those wheels on their website. I just looked them up and I believe the wheels you are looking for are P-67 which were listed at $4.62 it would probably cost you 3 times that to ship them but I was amazed they were still listed.  Last year I was driving through Baltimore and going under a bridge close to the ball stadium was the Perfect logo painted on the wall. The paint was in bad shape but still legible. It just made me smile.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:19:53 PM »
     I believe  Perfect is still in business and they list those wheels on their website. I just looked them up and I believe the wheels you are looking for are P-67 which were listed at $4.62 it would probably cost you 3 times that to ship them but I was amazed they were still listed.  Last year I was driving through Baltimore and going under a bridge close to the ball stadium was the Perfect logo painted on the wall. The paint was in bad shape but still legible. It just made me smile.

Thanks - how did you get there.  When I try www.perfectpartscompany.com it times out. 

Ken

Well I finally got in but the site doesn't work.  Added the wheels and some other stuff to my cart and it was empty when I tried to check out.  Tried again, same thing.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 07:54:15 PM »
Thanks - how did you get there.  When I try www.perfectpartscompany.com it times out. 

Ken

Well I finally got in but the site doesn't work.  Added the wheels and some other stuff to my cart and it was empty when I tried to check out.  Tried again, same thing.

There are security issues with the site. Each time I added an item it would go into the cart then be spat straight back out.
If the P-65 and 67 are specifically what you are after I would email or call the company and do a credit card order over the phone. Their Web site has issues, I think.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 09:13:12 PM »
There are security issues with the site. Each time I added an item it would go into the cart then be spat straight back out.
If the P-65 and 67 are specifically what you are after I would email or call the company and do a credit card order over the phone. Their Web site has issues, I think.

Craig
Actually, I am after the thin hard rubber racing ones.  I think they may have been VECO.  I think Perfect and Sullivan were/are elliptical. Popular in the 70's when we actually carved wheel pants and stuff was heavy.  Maybe FOX?  I think they had some slimline wheels.  They last forever and I moved them from plane to plane.  Lost my stash in the fire.  Somewhere out there is a box of old wheels that have accumulated over time and in that box are two 1 1/2" wheels that would just love for me to buy them a ticket to Dallas.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 10:21:15 PM »
Actually, I am after the thin hard rubber racing ones. Somewhere out there is a box of old wheels that have accumulated over time and in that box are two 1 1/2" wheels that would just love for me to buy them a ticket to Dallas.

Ken,
Back in the late 60's we used "Don's" wheels in our Rat Race planes.  Is this what you are looking for? $10 plus shipping and they're yours. Just PM me if you're interested.

Dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here