News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rev Up 13x5 13x6 props  (Read 1054 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rev Up 13x5 13x6 props
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »
If anyone would be so kind, I am looking to buy a few Rev Up 13x5 or 13x6 props for my soon to be finished Spitfire. Thanks.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rev Up 13x5 13x6 props
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 11:21:55 PM »
     I sincerely doubt that you will find any. These are as rare as chicken lips.  I went through this when I was making my first try at running ST.60's, as these were sup[posed to be THE prop for that engine. I found one or two here and there, but kept trying others. This was on a 72 ounce Cardinal. I pretty much tried every off the shelf wood 13-6, and got to a point where the Brodak 13-6 was the best of what was available then ( about 10 or 12 years ago.) Then I heard about Vess props and got a few of them to try. I put up two flights one Saturday morning with the Brodak props just for a base line to get RPM and fuel load noted, then put on a Vess 13-6. Right from the instant it started I could tell it was better just from the sound. My helper that day was pretty experienced with ST.60's at that point and his eyes got big and round also! I had to open the needle just a bit to get down to the same RPm, and then he launched. The model was much better for what it was, a 72 ounce oinker! But I felt if I had to I could enter a contests with it. I got to the overheads and I could hear it act like it was running out of fuel and upon pulling out it quit a half lap later and I had the same fuel load as for the Brodak prop. Fast forward to the last year or two, I acquired one of Sparky's cast off St.60 ships, only much lighter at 60 ounces or so. I installed the same engine in this model and started testing props again with pretty much the same results. this time around, I added Xoar 13-5 and 13-6 to the mix, and I think they are the best you can do for an off the shelf, reasonably priced wood prop. I think they work better than the Rev-Ups in my limited experience with them. I haven't tried to get any Vess props lately and I think you can only get them direct now, but they are a very close second. I'm not real fond of the scimitar shape and blue trim colors they have on them but that's not why I tried them! They did work very well and I would give them the edge over the Rev-Ups. The Xoar is probably easier to find also. Good luck with whatever you find and I would suggest experimenting a bit with the newer stuff.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Leidle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:45:12 PM »
   Hi Kevin,
  Over time I've found several RU 13-5 & 13-6s  on Ebay,, just keep  an eye ope also Steve Wilk makes them with supurb quality he is found in the Vendors section on this site under Eliminator Props.
   I've also found the  wooden Master Airscrew to be very good.
  John L.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »
Wow, a carbon fibre Rev Up? Thanks for the replies  Gentlemen. Appreciate it!

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:09 PM »
If anyone would be so kind, I am looking to buy a few Rev Up 13x5 or 13x6 props for my soon to be finished Spitfire. Thanks.

Kevin - I haven’t purchased any props from Steve Wilk / Eliminator, his very old-school website was acting funny when I tried to find what I was looking for, and I did not get a response to my contact attempt/s.  Hey, people get busy and distracted, especially if your entire product line is hand-made using mostly epoxy.

I CAN recommend Zoot Zoomer on this forum (Mike Hazel) out of Oregon <<< ERROR: My bad Mike Hazel goes by Mike Hazel on this forum - I believe I was thinking of another forum >>>.  Mike does not have a website but can be reached via this forum (he has some recent ads up right now) or by
ZZCLSpeed@aol.com

Mike will send you a paper brochure / product list / price list which makes me happy because that’s how it used to be done 100% of the time, back when “Sayzee” (SASE) was still a word.  Mike makes fiberglass and CF props in many shapes and sizes that match the Nylon and Wooden props of yesteryear.  I have purchased from Mike: 5-Star products, 5-Star service, 4.5-star pricing (I can be cheap at times).

Even if you’ve already ordered some props elsewhere, I would recommend contacting Mike for a brochure.  You’ll find SOMETHING you can’t live without...

Paul

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 01:00:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replies offers and PMs. Appreciate it!

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
HI Kevin.  I have three 13 x 6 and one Zinger 14 x 5 you can have. Just send me your mailing address.  .The 3 13s have been balanced.   The Zinger has square tips, so cutting it down to 13 will be a no brainer. H^^
If he didnt claim those Id gladly take them. Im also in search for a few 13x6 for my Saito .56

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 01:08:32 AM »
Ty, I sent you a PM.