News:

• April 28, 2024, 07:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NOS Engine  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Ed Keller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
NOS Engine
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:34:31 PM »
Two (2) New in the box AP-WASP .061 - All papers, wrench, etc. Never uppacked - $58.00/ea. plus $6.00 USPS

One (1) Cox "PeeWee" .020 - New, mounted on store bubble-pak card. Never opened - $78.00 plus $6.00 USPS

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: NOS Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 11:26:55 PM »
Are the AP Wasps RC or CL?  If they are CL I will take them.

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »
Paul,

When I bought mine some years ago, they only made R/C carb versions. There were many forum threads with methods to convert them to control line, and a search on the engine type should find them.

The carb is about what you would expect on a low cost engine, but the engines are pretty good otherwise.

Be warned that the carb screws are not re-useable, so once removed they should be replaced with new screws from any of the good US suppliers. I have plenty left over, and will give some to you at no cost. Mine are marked 2 X 6 mm, and were purchased at Ace Hardware.

Locking the carb open will work for sport flying, but the carb parts move under vibration, and mine changed rpms significantly when the needle was touched.

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Ed Keller

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Paul W. - These little jewels all have carbs. Please excuse the late as I just picked up your message. Ed - BTW, these all have the attached mufflers.

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:09:31 AM »
Paul,

When I bought mine some years ago, they only made R/C carb versions. There were many forum threads with methods to convert them to control line, and a search on the engine type should find them.

Bill

Hi Bill! -  I have several wasps that I haven’t gotten around to using yet, and 4 of the little buggers are CL. Two were conversions by Jan Holusco and other 2 by Doug Galbreath.  I would like to have 4 of either Holusco or Galbreath converted engines but Jan doesn’t produce them any more, and I haven’t gotten a reply to my last email to Doug.  So I thought no harm in asking...

I did not know that about the carb screws; Good to know; Thanks for that wisdom Bill!

Paul

Offline Jim Howell

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »
Two (2) New in the box AP-WASP .061 - All papers, wrench, etc. Never uppacked - $58.00/ea. plus $6.00 USPS

One (1) Cox "PeeWee" .020 - New, mounted on store bubble-pak card. Never opened - $78.00 plus $6.00 USPS
Ed, If the Cox PeeWee is still available, I would like to buy it.  See additional PM.
Jim Howell
Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL  AMA 545805

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here