News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gilberts anyone? = Reduced price  (Read 740 times)

Offline Herman Green

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Gilberts anyone? = Reduced price
« on: December 22, 2023, 10:00:23 AM »
Over the years, I accumulated a lot of stuff with the intention to use or fool with it at a later time.  Well, it just never happened due to work, family requirements and a number of other reasons.  I'm sure there are people out there who think like I did then, so I'm gonna try to pass it on to them.  I'm starting with the smaller common and uncommon stuff and I'll move on to larger more common stuff as time goes on.

First is a collection of Gilbert engines. My understanding is that these were made by Fox for Gilbert.

Engines - 2 ea. new Gilbert .11s, 1 new Gilbert .074, 1 Gilbert .074 with a couple of runs on it.

Glow heads - 7 ea. .11 glow heads.  4 ea. .074 glow heads, 1 .074 glow head that I started modifying to take a standard plug but never finished.  As a matter of interest, the .11 heads will also fit and work on the Fox .10 and the Fox Rocket .09.

Other stuff - Exhaust extensions (mufflers).  All fit the .11s, none for the .074s.  2 ea. needle valves.  1 ea. spring starter assembly including spring.  1 ea. spring starter housing, no spring.  3 ea. wrenches.

Instruction sheets - 2 ea for the .11s and 1 ea. for the .074.

Everything for $155, shipped.  US only.  PayPal preferred. Price reduced to $135, shipped

Thanks for looking. 
Herman Green.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:26:07 PM by Herman Green »
Herman Green - 164164

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: Gilberts anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 09:01:47 PM »
That .11 might make a good CL Enduro engine if you could get a restrictor in the venturi and put a restrictive muffler on it. I always wanted to try a piston port engine for enduro. Do they have ball bearings? Too bad it's not a diesel.

MM 8)

Offline Herman Green

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
Re: Gilberts anyone?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 09:57:22 PM »

No, standard sleeve bearings and it's definitely not a diesel.  I ran a couple of them and they are pretty good runners.  Old problem with the piston ports is starting in the right direction.  They run backwards just as good as forward.  A good hard, fast flip usually does it.  I often used a 1/2A electric starter and it was right every time.

They start pretty well with the spring starter too.

Herman
Herman Green - 164164

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here