News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:00:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1948 FOX 35 engine, Second Iteration Permold and no NV web, also 1949 and 1950  (Read 911 times)

Offline Steve Thompson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
This is a 1948 Fox 35 as described in Engine Collectors Journal Vol 28, #6 (Dec 2003).  It has the two-screw back and four-screw thin head.  This one is different from the very first Fox 35 in that it has bosses added by the mounting lugs to give more material for the back cover screw hole.  It DOES NOT have the web between the venturi and the cylinder.  That Web was added in 1949.  It was cleaned up by a former owner and is complete with NV and a display prop.  It has a nice pop when flipped over.  I have not run it and do not think it should be run.  I am not representing it as a runnable engine.  It is a nice collector.  Also included are two other Fox 35s.  One is a 1949 with web and thin head (complete) and the other a 1950 with the thick head (missing NV and Prop washer.  A USPS money order for 240 dollars will get you all three engines, 4 issues of Engine Collectors Journal describing engines and Priority Mail shipping.  Selling on eby has turned torturous so I am listing them here hoping they find a good home.  10% of sale will go to The Big Guy (Sparky) to help with forum cost.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 03:37:16 AM by Steve Thompson »

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
You shouldn't call sparky the big guy.

The name has unpleasant conatations!
De Hill

Offline Steve Thompson

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Ok, I googled it.  Use to mean boss man, now it means skeazebag politician.  Don't know how to un-say it.  Not my intention to offend.  If I did, I will apologize here.  If you buy the engine, I will donate 25% to forum. 

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I should have placed LOL at the end of my comment.

De Hill

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Does anyone know how many of these were made? You should go on that Pawn Stars show with this.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here