News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:55:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windancer Argus Lazer kit  (Read 863 times)

Offline dankar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Windancer Argus Lazer kit
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
I had this on forum and no takers. Great kit and the more i checked it out the more I liked it. So I decided to keep it and put on to do list. I had a built Controline classics kit of Ares but really heavy wood. Bridi made the kits for them and he used heavy RC kit wood. Inspite of heavy model it flew pretty good. This Argus kit is way better. I have a T&L McCoy .40 and should be a good match. Or I could use a stunt modified OS .32F. Also have a Brodak .40 another possible power plant.
Cheers,Dan   y1 #^

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Windancer Argus Lazer kit
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »
Hi Dan,

The Argus is a beautiful stunt plane.  It is on the slightly *small* side, smaller than the Ares, any of those engines would work just fine if you don't go way overboard on the finish weight.

Aaron flew his Ares for years on a *pre-owned* Randy Smith OS32F at 36 oz.  The RH T&L 40 is a real *grunter* for an older engine, and the Brodak has plenty of power for that design.  We used a 10-4 1/2 B-Y&O on the OS 32. (just check the pitch on the B-Y&Os, and use the lighter *5* pitch ones. ;D )  Prop clearance might be an issue if the original LG length was used for the kit.  Steve used about 9 1/2" props on his first one. ???

I bent the gear slightly longer and left the wheels on the same  vertical plane, used both the L&J Fox 35 and the DS 40, both with a Veco extension, on my plans built Argus.

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here