News:

• May 01, 2024, 06:42:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Werwage Vulcan  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Werwage Vulcan
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
Some of y'all might remember when I started this model.  Trying to rush the finish to get to a contest, I put too much retarder in the red!  It was just to humid to paint, but I did it anyway.........  too much retarder cause the red to come up down to the bare silkspan! I was a *little* peeved with it and put it away.  I decided to finish it up and touched up the areas that messed up, and I finally have all but a touch of black pinstriping left to do.  I have been using ink for the pinstripes which takes forever!  I hope to get the clear on it this weekend! 
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Werwage Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:42:05 PM »
Bill, it's good to see you so close to completion with your Vulcan. Sometimes, when things really go bad during a build. The best thing to do is set it aside and get back to it later when the frustration has sort of mellowed.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished project soon.

Best wishes

John Miller
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »
Thanks John, 

I am still dissapointed that it will not "look" really good, but it is straight, light and will have an Aero Tiger 36 up front.  I put in all the adjustable thingies I could, so I should be able to trim it out to fly great!  (and I guees it won't look TOO bad from 10 feet! **) )

All I have left ot do is decide on whether to use urethane or Lite Coat for he clear....  ;D

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »
Bill,
Glad to hear that you are finishing the Vulcan. John Miller is right.. after letting it sit for a while you can now finish it.

BTW my vote is for the automotive clear. One light coat and you are done.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:51:40 AM by Tom Niebuhr »
AMA 7544

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »
Down to airbrushing some red where a flap got broke, and then clear!  I am really hoping to take it to Huntersville!  That's June 1,2,3!!  Good thing is, the engine is a no brainer, and I should get there on Friday for an extra day of practice!  MAybe she will trim out quick! LOL!!

I figure that's the way it will be since the finish has gotten so messed up.  A bad looking plane seems to fly better off the board................ ;D
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 09:16:24 AM »
Bill,

Post us a picture when the clear gets done.  I'll bet it's not bad looking at all.  It just looks that way to you
because you know of all the goofs you made on it.....

Jim Pollock   H^^

No, Jim, it ain't gonna look good.  I'm not "crying wolf" like My good Buddy Randy Powell does when the tiny little glitches hit! LOL!!

This one is really going to be an embaressment, but I just can't bring myself to take the covering off, sand it down and redo it.  And REALLY, that's what it needs.  I want to fly it too bad, so it will just be a mess.  The touch ups don't match (I used the same paint) and the ink lines I had to do instead of masking them and spraying them look really funny.  BUT, it will get into the air, at least for a while!  Like I said, it's light and straight with plenty of power.  But that's ALL it's going to be!  When I look at this one beside my others, I feel sorry for it!  It looks like the planes I did back in 1964........

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:54:44 PM »
HI Bill. Is this Vulcan an I beamer?  I have two sets of plans from Warren, and one is for the I beam version.

As to the way it looks and it looks like yours did in 1964, why then go for the spirit of 64 award. Talk about authentic. LL~ H^^

Hi Ty,

I built it as the I-Beamer, but had to do the drawings on my set of plans.  The ones I got from Warren were for the D Tube.  I *thought* he was going to send the I-Beam, but it's all gravy.

Check your PM, OK?

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here