News:

• May 10, 2024, 07:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vulcan to appear in print!  (Read 996 times)

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Vulcan to appear in print!
« on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »
Hi all:

Here's a scoop for you. Bill Werwage's Vulcan is going to be the feature construction article in the December 2007 issue of Model Aviation.

The plans for this plane were drawn right off of the reproduction that Billy built in the 1980s, and also from the original's "bones" that Billy still has.

In the past there was one who litterally accused Billy of cheating by producing a model that never actually existed. Ask Warren if those bones that Billy used to reproduce the Vulcan looked fake! I really don't think that a five time National Champion, three time World Champion and 15 time USA F2B World Team member needs a trophy so badly that he would cheat. Time to put that sad episode behind us and highlight one of the very best Classic designs of all time. Billy won the Nats Classic crown with this design and at least three VSCs with it as well.

The plans for the Vulcan were inked by Bob Sweitzer, who is a true artist.

Enjoy this one, guys, it is the last CL Stunt model that will be published with me at the helm of Model Aviation. I'm retiring from the post of Aeromodeling Editor at the end of September. I was supposed to have left that post in July, but they asked me to stay on for a while longer to help get the new editor, Mike Ramsey, off on the right foot. That is now accomplished and I'm sure you will find Michael to be sympathetic to the CL cause. I have been offered and have accepted the post of Editor Emeritus and will have several monthly duties for MA, which will include searching out and finding good construction features for the magazine. So if you have a candidate... call me!

Yours for better modeling

Bob Hunt

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
Re: Vulcan to appear in print!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »
The Vulcan smokes!!!

I saw Billy fly the Vulcan at the 1996 Nats.  It had a ST 40/46 in it.  It was AWESOME!!!

I thought he should have flown it in Open.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
Super news and congratulations!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
Now that you are retired, hopefully you can devote more time to helping my main man Jose Modesto win the Nats,(he's long overdue).
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
Hi Bob,

It is great news that the Vulcan is being published.  AND, I am glad I have mine finished before the flying circle fills up with them! LOL!!

I watched Billy win the '96 Classic event at the NATS also, and I have been waiting 11 years to get mine in the air........ ;D
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 06:18:19 AM »
Hi Ty:

Sorry about that; I thought I'd made that clear, but in re-reading my post I see forgot to mention that although Bob Sweitzer inked the Vulcan plan, Warren drew it! Yes, they should match perfectly!

Bob

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 08:01:25 AM »
I wanted the I-Beam plans from Warren but I only got the D-tube, so I drew the I-Beam in. y1 

This *could be* one of my all time best airplanes!  #^  ;D

I was originally going to install a St G21-29/46, but after talking with Billy, it got the Aero Tiger 36.  I need to weight it but it is somewhere under 40 oz. RTF.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here